What's Your Favorite JW Expressions?

by minimus 102 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

Jw's being in the truth.

Oxymoron!

• zagor
    zagor

"Favorite one" - current truth (I wonder if any of you ever found it elsewhere in normal literature)

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

"It is therefore reasonable to conclude ... "

That expression always followed some lengthy, and very convoluted, WT interpretation of some controversial subject. They may as well have said, "Trust us on this one, brothers".

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    "The Bible says....."

That's not such a bad one... use it against them... for example, "The Bible says, at Jeremiah 25:12, that Babylon would be called to account after the 70 years were fulfilled". They're sure to race for a bible in shocked disbelief, that is if they even understand how their 1914 doctrine works.

• somebody
    somebody

"the immediate future" was always my favorite.

Along with "Jesus said" and "Jesus promised"...For example that the generation who saw world events changing in 1914 would not pass away before the big A arrived.

But hey.... it sounded a lot more believable than saying that "the WTSociety Incorporated teaches" that the generation who saw world events changing in 1914 would not pass away before the big A arrived. Why not just say "Jesus said" and "Jesus promised" ? ANd then find a scripture that backs up that "Jesus said" and "Jesus promised" it and then anyone can at the same time say that" It's not US who teach that, ... "God's Word,The Holy Bible does!"

But "the immediate future" is my favorite of all times. Research that expression on your WT cd. It's simply amazing!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

What I always heard was "bad associations spoil useful habits".-meaning usually me!

My mom whining "if you'd just come back to the truth..."

"Shelley, we'd like to speak with you.." pointing to the backroom.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

My alltime favorite is related to being harrassed about the blood doctrine.

Dub couple spend a long time at one particular house. On meeting up with other members of their group they are asked about the interest at their one call. Couple replies, "no interest. WE GOT STUCK ON A DOOR WITH BLOOD!"

I'm glad I don't get stuck on any doors anymore and Saturday mornings are my own.

3rd

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

crazyblondeb,

How sad is this? 1 Cor 15:33. "Bad associations" was often not stated we just cited the scripture. The worst thing, I still remember the chapter and verse.

3rd

• zagor
    zagor

I don't think anything tops "Current truth" can there be greater oxymoron.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"The FDS, God's sole channel of communication on earth today" so make sure you
    "do not become rebellious against the FDS"

Theocratic approach

Children are a blessing from jehovah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit