Honestly, do you think that JW's really like going to 3 or 4day assemblies?

by JH 69 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Honestly, do you think that JW's really like going to 3 or 4 day Assemblies, especially when it's out of town, far away, and you have to take a motel room, and all the gas money and food money it takes, as well as having to sit down all day listening to endless talks...And that for 3 or 4 days in a row.

And often, they have to take a day off from work, to attend the Friday meeting, so no pay for that day.

I think that the JW's are glad when it's finally over, not before.

• JH
    JH

Oh, and I forgot that they have to clean up the place before and after the assembly...Really fun...

• greendawn
    greendawn

In the ex congo no one had to leave home for the assemblies and as I remember some liked it and found it invigorating, some found it a burden.

• lilybird
    lilybird

Well I know I used to hate it. Especially with 2 toddlers to drag along who just wanted to run around and play or eventually got tired or/and hungry. Good waste of valuable time.....

• Swan
    Swan

The first hour or two was rather exciting, but then the session started.

Tammy

• JH
    JH

Every year it's the same, once the District assembly is over with, many go on vacations for a month...

I guess that they need a vacation from the truth...

• avishai
    avishai
    Oh, and I forgot that they have to clean up the place before and after the assembly...Really fun...

Ugghhh. Memories of cleaning up the Oregon State women's locker room. Underwear stuck to walls.... Literally one of the grossest places I've ever cleaned, and I've done janitorial, like many a dub. The mens was spotless, strangely. However, as a teen I loved 'em. All the dub ladies, ya know. Finding ways to goof off. It became a game.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I looked forward to them as a teen to look for guys and to people watch. It was a welcome relief from the humdrum boredom of everday dub life, even though the whole thing was boring from dawn to dusk....it was just a change in routine, change in scenery.

I liked everything but the talks and drama! (which leaves nothing)

• JH
    JH

Just a few days ago, brothers and sisters from our congregation had to get up at 5h30am on Saturday morning, and they had to drive a long distance to go clean the Coliseum from 7h30 AM up to 4pm where the assembly will be held and then they drove back a very long distance to get back home, and it was close to 90 F outside, and no air conditioning in the Coliseum.

• JH
    JH

My worst assembly was back in 1987 or 1988 at the Montreal Olympic stadium. It was about 95F inside the stadium. About 40,000 poeple were all suffering from extreme heat, and I could see so many people with something in their hands to make wind so that they could breath a bit. Many were treated for the extreme heat.

I also remember an assembly in mid winter, at the same olympic stadium at it was about 30F inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit