Motive of some Posters

by love2Bworldly 47 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Three motives drive most of these people - the same ones that drive most witnesses;

• Cognitive Dissonance [if they are starting to uncover the 'truth about the truth']
    • Guilt
    • Fear

Time is the great healer. Give em time!

Jeff

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Sure we all have opinions and stuff but a little honey goes along way. Respect is paramount. I know I agree 100 percent with Tammy and Monkey. All of you have made some very valid statements. So those who want to play TROLL, go find a bridge to live under.. Here is a good description of an INTERNET TROLL,

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words.

Love Orangefatcat

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

We gotta get this line break problem fixed!!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

JEHOVAH KNOWS!!!!!!!!!

i hope so!.........erm..does he know how to make this highlighter turn off?

• Honesty
    Honesty

"Are you hiding what you truely are? Are you embarrased for what you have become? Sure sounds like it to me. Dont be misled, JEHOVAH KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I am coming out from under my sea shell to answer why I am embarrassed. I am embarrassed because I didn't realise a f%$#ing sales office when I saw it for 15 years. I am embarrassed because I didn't see the light about Thursday night Sales Meetings. I was misled as a JW. I am free now.

• Es
    Es

Wow what topic was that response in? I sure missed that one.Thats amazing why is someone who is so intent in the truth on this site anyway really. es

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    in the truth

Es,

make it a (delayed) New Years Resolution to not use the expression "the Truth"! Maybe for a while if you find it so hard, substitute "Troof".

You'll find it (the WTS) will go away in time.

Cheers, Ozzie

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Sorry I am new here so don't exactly know what a 'troll' is.

And anyway, would it not be nice if there were all also some 'real' JW's here, to defend some of the things said? That would only make it more interesting in my opinion. (as the sign says, ...everybody welcome)

Danny

• Frog
    Frog

Pretty good chance it's either a kid poster, or perhaps one of the many dubs with a screw loose frog

• Frog
    Frog
    And anyway, would it not be nice if there were all also some 'real' JW's here, to defend some of the things said? That would only make it more interesting in my opinion. (as the sign says, ...everybody welcome)

Hi DannyBloem, it's a pleasure to have you here:) True all opinions are welcome, but you have to realise that if you added up the number of years that many of us were JW's it could equate into the many of thousands. Therefore, although clearly everyone is welcome we are well aware of the "witness" response to most statements/opinions posted on this forum. Here you will find a wide variety of perspectives, but as I'm sure you're very well aware, the "witness" perspective is more of a collective thing, a programmed response, and usually lacks objectivity. You have to realise too that many of us see those that call them jw's and post here as rather hypocritical. I personally would welcome anyone that wanted friendship and support here, and anyone who had a mind enough of their own that warrants giving their opinion. froglett

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit