it takes time...

by googlemagoogle 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Once again a JW shows how uncompassionate they are. Sadly, I have met many "Dennises" in that religion.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Go at your own pace, google.

I had to fake it for almost two years before my "I can't take it anymore" alarm went off!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey google, keep up the good work. and don't beat yourself up about your situation with family and the org. being out physically is great, but it does not compare to being out mentally. cheers, TS

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

thanks for your comments. dennis, could you elaborate on what sounds so fictional?

the interesting thing i found out in many talks with several elders and other witnesses is, that there seems to be NOONE without having one or another problem with the wts.

for example when talking about birthdays, one elder told me "well, noone would be DFed for celebrating birthdays". when talking about the cross/pole problem, some completely agreed with my view. some even agreed with my later view on "inspired scripture".

the whole thing in the end came down to "it's an organization led by men, who commit errors". but that's exactly the excuse i always used to dismiss my doubts. maybe because i was always taught so. and this kind of thinking is VERY hard to deal with.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

You know, I am not sure how I got out mentally. It was a separating from the whole mess. I had to be without its influence for many years then and onlly then did I stop defending the JW thing. I also had a friend that liked to debate and I think even though I swore he was always wrong, that some did sink in.

The physical part took 15 minutes the first and third time. The second time I did not even know I was disfellowshipped. Heard about it from my mom. I thought they had to talk to you first.

My JW brother thinks that it is better to be in and have at least some people that have a set of morals. I think he is scared. He is blinding himself if he thinks there are no good people outside of da troof. He is turning a cold cheek that there are some really bad people that are in the JW org. I think he sees the innocents like a lot of people here were and feels that that is all there is in the org. Non intentional hurtful people. I really think that he cannot face that if he admits they are nothing new or different from any other cult, that he will have wasted 40 some years.

Strange huh?

• evergreen
    evergreen

Youre right googlemagoogle. It sure does take a lot of time

I am currently reading through shauns research on jehovahs witnesses which im sure you have read on an other website. ive read crisis of conscience not to mention other related books etc etc and still im trying to shake of that ingrained Watch Tower programming that has been indelibly placed within my brain..

I havent been attending now for a good year, although like yourself i was for about 4 years in your situation.

I just finally said no i cant do this any more, ive had enough of this nonsense.

But like yourself and many others in this discussion forum i am searching for the truth. Most of us have already seen the truth about WT lies and coverups. But i believe that if people are sincere about finding God . They will find him.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Certainly true, Google and let any lurker be noted that many of us have similar and truthful stories.

I have not abandond faith in God and the bible, but I hardly think of them now as sources of authority. Perhaps I am heading that way.

it's a really hard struggle inside to leave the ideas you were taught for years

It is hardest when in company of others, especially dub family. When they talk about it, your mind can easily slip back into JW mode. I guess at that time you subconciously want to belong to the group, as if you belonged. But of course you no longer do belong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit