The Compassionate JW

by PopeOfEruke 19 Replies latest social humour

• gdt
    gdt

Hi Gary, I trust you're ok, as I am. It would be good to be able to forget lots of awful things in our lives, but I cannot apologize for the actions of others, no more than you can. This thread is of course a joke, but if I was Jewish, it would still be hurtful even if true! (which it is not , of Jews or JW's or atheists!) the broad brush attitude can cause heartburn to others, at least Aussies and Yanks are together in Iraq, Vietnam, or where was it? Guess what? No JW's there!!

Gary, please allow in your thinking some credit for all the good. Just because some say there cannot be a creator, God, Yahweh or Jehovah by name, because of all the bad things, who do we give credit to for all the good things? (ie foods, wines, wives, kids??, many sources of happiness, birds, all sorts of creatures in nature, etc etc?

Take care, be nice, forgive your enemy the WTS, may you have peace!

Geoff. (the old Aussie)

GDT,

With all due respect, the Watchtower is entirely unworthy of forgiveness. Rather, it's worthy of being exposed as the despicable, child exploiting and abusing cult that it is.

• acadian
    acadian

Hello all !

As a group i'd say your right, as individuals that's differant... If any of you were JWs were you Compassionate ?

I remember though, that when i first became a JW and asking about why there wasn't a program to help the poor ( clothing/food )

the answer i got was they were helping the poor by the witnessing work ... silly me.

Acadian

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks old Aussie, You take care too. I'll forgive the Witness people's debt to me when it's paid.
    I'm waiting for the first installment:-)

• upside/down
    upside/down
    as if "the city's most successful businessman" in any city is ever going to be a Jehovah's Witness!

They were where I came from... the "brother" that was bangin my wife cleared over $10 million per year AFTER TAXES, for over 5 years. And he was one of many.

Total and complete hypocrites! While I wasted 12 years of my life as a "missionary" and "pioneer"... of course.. I get 10 more years of everlasting life than they do.

How come I feel like I got the short end of the stick?

u/d (of the no bitterness hear, can't you tell? class)

• upside/down
    upside/down
    forgive your enemy the WTS,

I can't... my "God" given intellect and heart has limits, they were breached and then some. And I got out relatively unscathed, compared to many here.

Their "God" doesn't forgive and forget... and His so-called people sure as hell don't...

It's not necessary to do that in order to have peace... that's a misconception.

I can hate those who hate me without cause... and still have peace...

As a matter of fact it's the most peace I've had since joining the silly cult.

But I know you mean well... it's the thought that counts.

u/d

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

to my knowlege the wtbs hasnt expressed a desire to BE forgiven..........

on topic.. the joke was hilarious...i'd love to fwd it to my jw family..but..............naw lol

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

OK I admit poetic license here - it was a lawyer joke when I first received it.

But don't be too sure that it doesn't apply to a lot of JW's. I have a JW sibling, lives in the same town as my mother. If he hears that any of the family is coming to visit Mum, he will go to my Mum's house and empty most of the food from her cupboard so that the visitors are forced to go shopping almost immediately and stock up Mum's pantry. How Christian is that!!! Oh yes, he's an elder....

So now we have to plan to arrive unannounced so that there is at least some bread to have a breakfast before we go to the supermarket.

So Jw Apologists, you can kiss my sweet a*se!!! Whether you're an Aussie or not an Aussie! I've never met a tighter bunch of people than JW's in all my life!

Pope

• steve2
    steve2

The story had me convinced. I guess that's because I expect JWs to be much more competent at exhibiting petty-mindedness than in actually attempting to be of practical assistance to others.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I couldnt follow the old aussies ramblings. It's a joke man!

I laugh when I hear Aussie jokes. Do you ask for an apology? Lighten up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit