The Compassionate JW

by PopeOfEruke 19 Replies latest social humour

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

The United Way realized that it had never received a donation from the city's most successful businessman who is a Jehovahs Witness. So a United Way volunteer paid the JW businessman a visit in his lavish office.

The volunteer opened the meeting by saying, "Our research shows that even though your annual income is over two million dollars, you don't give a penny to charity. Wouldn't you like to give something back to your community through the United Way?"

The JW thinks for a minute and says, "First, did your research also show you that my mother is dying after a long, painful illness and she has huge medical bills that are far beyond her ability to pay?"

Embarrassed, the United Way rep mumbles, "Uh... no, I didn't know that."

"Secondly," says the JW, "my brother, a disabled veteran, is blind and confined to a wheelchair and is unable to support his wife and six children."

The stricken United Way rep begins to stammer an apology, but is cut off again.

"Thirdly, did your research also show you that my sister's husband died in a dreadful car accident, leaving her penniless with a mortgage and three children one of whom is disabled and another has learning disabilities requiring an array of private tutors?"

The humiliated United Way rep, completely beaten, says, "I'm sorry, I had no idea"

And the Jehovahs Witness says, "So... if I didn't give any of my money to them, what in the hell makes you think I'd ever give any to you?"

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

ROFLMAO

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

LOL

Ain't it the truth!!!

hehehe
    -Aude.

• Netty
    Netty

Good one! Funny!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Whoooooaaa!!!

• Gill
    Gill

He, he! LMAO! 'unexpected' punchline!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It goes to graphically show that they don't have a charitable spirit despite their clain to be the world's only true christian religion, they are business not a christian religion

• gdt
    gdt

please.....if you can't say anything nice...surely tell the truth!

a bit disgusted.

gdt

• garybuss
    garybuss

True story gdt . . . When my wife suffocated to death rather than take blood treatment, I called a Witness woman who was a good friend of my dead wife's sister and asked her to help with a lunch after the funeral. Her reply was . . . "Who's going to pay for it? I'm not gonna!"

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier

If it makes you feel better, gdt, I first read that joke in Isaac Asimov's Treasury of Humor, and he told it with a Jewish businessman as the main character.

You're right; this joke is not at all true to life -- as if "the city's most successful businessman" in any city is ever going to be a Jehovah's Witness! Sure, a Jehovah's Witness can be successful, but the most successful in the city is going to have to be very intelligent, have excellent people skills, and devote a lot more time to the business than to the activities directed by the Kingdom Hall.

Robert V Frazier

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit