Boy its hard for teenaged JW's

by skyman 45 Replies latest jw friends

• skyman
    skyman

A newly married Witnesses man that is 20 years old from a near by town called last night to tell me, him and his wife, was going the DF'd at last nights meeting. Him and several teenager from his congregation come and see us regularly we listen. Never do we tell them what we know about the Society but we incourage them to be strong and allways have an open mind. We try so hard to help them without them knowing what we are doing. If the congregation ever found out we told one of the teenagers the truth about the Society the Elders would hang us from the nearest pole and the teenager would never be able to come and see us. I know we have made a lasting impact for the good for more than one witness kid.

• loosie
    loosie

Wow you and your wife are really nice.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Skyman,

You are doing more good than any one in the JW Congregation to help people. I'm glad you know the tight rope well enough to walk it.

As to the young lady who others are 'making things up' about, I have seen that before. She obviously does not fit in to the JW mold and that is why she is a target. It is possible she IS doing something that the talk springs from but you and I don't care. The JW standard is impossible and wrong. It is a burden that produces nothing but failure and guilt. So support her, no matter what comes to light.

But don't forget the tight rope you walk. I tried to do that as an elder and was constantly in trouble. I hope you can do what you do as long as possible. When they catch up to you, don't forget all the young people you helped who may have gone to drugs, destructive sexual behavior or suicide if it were not for someone they could turn to who they could relate to.

Jst2laws

• skyman
    skyman

Jst2laws and loosie thanks for the kind words I was just told that my two nephews are going to DF'd next week. I can't imagine what they could of done. If the Elders don;t pull their heads out of their collective asses all the kids will be out soon. (HA RA LOL) maybe it will wake some adults up,.

DFing the kids only tells me one thing they should of never pushed these kids in the local area congragtions into Baptisim when they were 8, 9, 10... years old. Now everyone pays. The kids wont stop what they are doing they will only be better at not getting caught.

• melmac
    melmac

Keep going, Sky!

Nice avatar, btw...

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Skyman,

Kudos to you and your wife. It seems to me that anybody who really tried to be of constructive help to these kids only got grief for it as I remember.

It's not hard for JW teens, it's impossible. (One of the things that made me leave)

W.

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Sky,
    You and your wife are the kind of people i wish i could have had around me as a teen.
    Its wonderful that you have built these trusting relationships with so many people that
    need just a listening ear and some good advice. Keep reminding them to have an open
    mind, without going into detail, that way they seek knowledge from everywhere.
    Good for you both!

MP

• Netty
    Netty

I remember how hard it was too. Would have been wonderful to have a couple like you and your wife to run to. Good for you, I am glad you are able to be there for these poor young kids. They are just up against so much. Keep up the good work!

• kj
    kj

Good for you. I have a few teenage cousins in the "truth" and I'm sure they could all use someone like you.

kj

• avishai
    avishai

Like so many of the boys pushed out in colorado city by the older polygamists (see here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/91138/1.ashx) I have seen the elders "push" out kids not in their clique's time and time again, through bullying, harrassment, and outright lies. This is something ii've wanted to address for awhile, but did'nt quite know how. Often times if you were'nt an elders kid, or buddies with one, well, you got the shit end of the stick, even if you were putting in time, and giving talks. Anyone else see this, or am i nuts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit