Getting to Know You

by LouBelle 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Sooo I'm sure this has probably been asked before. I'm newish so in the great spirit of getting to know you (sing with me) getting to know all about you......what do you do for a living AND do you enjoy it AND if you could would you do something different?

I'm in advertising & marketing for a group of magazines. I focus on the "South African Country Life" A mag that is proudly south African, tells you about leaving the city & making a go at a slower pace of life & visiting all the lil place of interest. I love my job - it gets extremely hectic to the point where I feel like throwing granades @ everyone.

If I had to choose something else I'd either like to live in Italy writing poetry or be a grape smasher.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm a student. I work in Graphic Design, namely, image development, editing/restoration, and layout.

I enjoy hunting, fishing and the great outdoors. I also enjoy going in the field ministry to spread the good news about... just kidding.

If I could do anything, I would do nothing.

Hope that helps

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hi

I used to be a psych social worker after I put myself through college, post-borg. Got really burned out after having to treat perps and rape victims. Too horrifying. Moved into healthcare admin instead. I like the field but am not in a job I like at the moment. I could get a better job if I moved but my husband isn't ready to move yet.

If I had my choice of anything to do for a living (income aside), I'd be a sculptress and live by the seaside listening to new age music all day, drinking espresso, cooking/baking, writing/reading books, learning foreign languages, doing yoga, and getting daily massages. I'd of course spend lots of time with my awesome husband, my 2 cats, and I'd get a few dogs too.

• mad max
    mad max

Well u know me Lou, being your mother and everything. But for eveybody else. I am also in the media, selling advertising, HECTIC but I love it (sometimes) when my deadlines slow down.

And me, I would rather be travelling all around throwing apostate parties and meeting everyone.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Im a mathematics teacher. Its bloody hard work but the holidays are great. Some of my kids are so sweet, and funny and lovely. Some are awful, and some are so damaged, its really sad.

If I could be anything I would have loved to be human rights lawyer, fighting evil, winning for the little guy, etc etc Ive been told im like Erin Brockovitvch, but i think thats just cos I like to cuss and swear a lot!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Im a mathematics teacher.

What kind of math? I just signed up for Advanced Calculus... Will you be able to help? lol

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Well let us see here. We are slightly narcissistic, and schizophrenic. Enjoy reading encyclopedias, we know a little about everything, but master little. We are obsessed with dictionaries, word origins and semantics.

Love listening to people talk, tell stories whilst quietly subnetting IP networks in our head. In school we always had to be the first to finish anything and always had to get the highest grade. We love to be alone with ourselves for long periods of time as we are our own best friend. (Suppose that would be understood from the second sentence eh?)

Jobs we have had: Shop sweeper/Cattle trailer cleaner (9 months) Lived and worked on a ranch, breaking horses, rounding up sheep, goats and cattle. (6months) Welder (6 months) Off road tire man (2 years) Mechanic/shop foreman (3 years) Feed mill maintenance guy (1 year) Creamery maintenance guy (2 weeks… Night shift. Yuck!) Construction worker (1.5 years) Bulk petroleum distribution manager (2 years) Car prep person at enterprise rent a car (3 months) ISP tech support (6 months) ISP network admin/engineer (1 year) Network/Server admin for a medium sized company (2.5 years) Owner of a small IT consulting firm since 1997. Prolly missed something there.

We become bored and unhappy at a job once we learn everything there is to know about it. The rest you know about us already.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I work in Internet Security (anti-virus. firewalls etc.) I quite enjoy it... its better than most jobs ive had. If I could do ANYTHING i would be one of;

1) Footballer (Soccer)

2) Musician (tho i cant play anything) or...

3) A lottery winner!!!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am a lunch lady by day...and I am a private dancer at night! kidding

Well Mom of 2....Lily 3 and Jack 1 1/2! I do all the cooking cleaning laundry...and I love it. My dream job is to do Laundry all day. I don't know why I love it but I do. If I could be in a Laundry Mat all day doing peoples laundry I would never leave .....I know I am crazy!

I have weird habits...I talk to my self all day. I have numbers going through my head I can't stop them. I don't know why I do that but I have to add multiply divide and subtract all day to find the common number...It is really weird I do it with letters as well. My head hurts because of it.

I am a lover a SHEETS! I can't get enough of sheets. I buy all the same style and color. I just need to have alot of sheets. Its like having alot of shoes!

I love the Color RED! I go nuts for it. Anything and everything red. I shake when I see something really pretty and red. I almost have a nervous break down. Trust me I am fun to shop with.

I can never sit down and relax.... I fidget! I have to keep moving. This is funny if I am sitting down doing nothing for awhile and really bored I start clapping! I have way too much energy!

I love Art. I love doing sculpture. I am quite good at it. I am sure when my house gets done I will have my own room to do art. I love doing the flower work for weddings. I have done a few and I was told it was very lovely. I guess you can just show me a picture of what you want and I can throw it together in a few minutes.

I am weird crazy out going witty and I make people laugh all the time. I say the things you only wished you thought of or said out loud!

Brooke

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

If I could do anything, I would do nothing.

Hey Richie, I've been looking for another job and that sounds great. Do you need some help?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit