Getting to Know You

by LouBelle 38 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Lou Belle, Hello. At the moment I'm a transporter for Hertz. I was working as a tech for Pep Boys up until a couple of years ago. Took time off to care for my ailing wife. She's all better now. I may be working for a limousine service as I have an interview on Friday, I'll have that as my full time job and be continuing to work part time for Hertz. I love virtually anything that has to do with cars, repair, driving. I'm just a true car guy!!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Media, free lance. 3-4 hours a day.

JW apologetic, 4-6 hours a day.

WTBTS opposer, 24/7.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat
    Geeze Binner i wish i would have known that , i would have had you break mine and saved me many lumps and bruises before learning to land on my feet instead of other painful places.

sheesh monkey your impossible. you can't break a horse and be a monkey at the same time. I mean all day long your in the trees and vines swaying back and forth and then you try to bronco bust a horse, what a goofy monkey.

monkeys are good only for one thing and that is to look at them and make faces.

as for getting to know me ,I use to be a cat but now I'm a broken down model of a human body. once upon atime I was a worker in the hospital in the cancer ward. I use to manage a condominum complex, and I use to chop wood and build things and repair things and fix up antiques.

Now I am a lazy ole orangefatcat.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

- supply teacher

- some classes and students really brighten my day and others are just downright nasty. Overall, its not a very fulfilling job, and I'm even considering switching fields if a full time position doesn't come up soon. Then again, teachers don't get much respect from parents and the general population either.

- If I could do anything, I'd like to be an investigative reporter and hope I could be good enough at it to make a difference.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I'm a Land Surveying Tech and work for a local Land Surveyor. I'm designated as being in delegated responsible charge, which means I fade the heat if something goes wrong. I've done surveying work for about thirty years and love every minute of it.

If I could do anything else it would be archeology/anthropology.

• kazar
    kazar

Hi LouBelle,

This was a good topic. I am also new and I enjoyed reading all the posts and now have a more composite idea of all the people who post on this board. It sounds like you have a interesting job. Glad for you. it's not easy to work a job you like. I have been a legal secretary for about 10 years now. I really like it, including the pressure of deadlines for court documents, etc. I don't have any job skills other than computer typing from dictaphones for attorneys. However, i am recently unemployed (not to worry though, I am receiving unemployment benefits). Technology has replaced my job with what is called a "dragon system." It is a voice activated method of speaking into a microphone and what you speak is automatically written on the screen of the computer. Although an expensive initial investment, the firm no longer has to pay my salary or health benefits. I am trying not to be bitter about it.

When not working, I am an artist. And, that is what I would like to do as a living. Although I make little money with my art work, It is the heart and soul of me. I love it. The Witnesses' ignorance of art and their hideous portrayals in the Watchtower magazines and books is what finally helped me in leaving the organization.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well,

I think I am in the middle of a change. I get really nervous and have to reorganise everything. I do a lot of things well but not patiently. I need lots of laughter and it tends to get me in pickles at my job. Which is sitting in a cubicle and making up crap to do seeing I have no clue what I currently do in my new position amongst the telecom giants.

A good example of my silliness is last week a coworker called over the new guy and had me sing and dance out the stupid song that has been raging thru my head for a few days. "Short people got no body..They got lil hands and lil feet and lil cars that go beep beep BEEP...Dont want no short people round...""""

Well as the very short man proceeded to almost lie on the floor laughing, I discovered he is my new bosses , new boss.

GREAT Job Decki... (Slowly slink my way under my desk while I rock myself into a numb state.)

I want to do something more amusing with my time. (That at least is the mood of the day)

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

Hiya!

I am a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) for my 18 month old. Found my true calling, nursing by taking some assesment tests after losing my stupid service manager job for a monitoring company. I always knew I hated office work and talking on the phone bitching about stupid bills.

So I did a self-exam of my life and found out what was important to me, taking care of people when they need help.

Weird Thing About Me: Im kind of morbid, and since I was a child, everey open casket funeral I go to, I have to touch the person before I leave. Dont ask me why, I dont know. We could go into Freudian diatribe all night long :P

So Im going to school, taking care of a roving toddler, and mostly enjoing my summer off! Id write more, but I cant really think of everything about me.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Now that kinda gives me some idea of what you people are up too in your day to day lives.

IPSec you sound rather preeeshusssssss

Brooke - I admire you - you're a young mom, looking after 2 kids, plus you have time for sculpture (reckon you should look into that seriously - if you have any finished pieces you should show us some of your work)

as for the two monkeys - you both smell kinda bad - but cute in an ugly way.

Kaza - nice to have you on board - welcome

MelbaToat - I LOVE melba toast - ah it's the best thing since sliced cheese! I also love art, would like to see some of your stuff too.

Thanks everyone - and keep on posting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit