Is the Watchtower hurting financially?

by truthseeker 58 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

While surfing E-Watchman's Paradise forum, I clicked on one of the topics I never go to, "Our Meetings & Assemblies" and found an interesting post on the WT bleeding financially.

It was posted 3 months ago.

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/viewtopic.php?t=2888&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

In my neck of the woods (which shall remain anonymous) the DO and CO have been circulating the rumour that the Watchtower Society is in financial straights and is being bled dry.

This must be very pressing. At the last minute our local needs was changed to deal with our financial support (or lackthereof) of the "World Wide Work".

It was implicated that by taking literature, cd, dvds, etc without contributing is tantamount to stealing from Jehovah.

Suggested contributions were given, $1.00 for a set of magazines, $20 for a DVD, $75 for a CD-ROM, etc.

I was wondering if this was just a local issue or part of larger campaign. Has anyone else heard anything similar to this lately?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i've been a jw all my life and they were constantly asking for MORE money.

there was a talk at least once a month in the service meeting about donating more.

so.. by their asking for more for publications, all you can really draw from that is their greed not need.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    taking literature, cd, dvds, etc without contributing is tantamount to stealing from Jehovah

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    $20 for a DVD, $75 for a CD-ROM, etc.

The Society needs to have a Bargain Bin. I almost never buy stuff at the new shelf price. I wait until it's on sale or in the bargain bin.

I've NEVER paid $75 for a CD Rom. I think the most I ever paid for one was $4.99.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    This must be very pressing. At the last minute our local needs was changed to deal with our financial support (or lackthereof) of the "World Wide Work".

lol...

Rev 22:17

"And the spirit and the bride keep on saying: "Come!" And let anyone hearing say: "Come!" And let anyone thirsting come; let anyone that wishes take life's water free."

Oh, yes. They are definitely following the biblical description of providing information to all who need/want it here...

J

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

This is all I have to say about it..."you received free,give free"-MT 10:8

I NEVER give them anything for their mags or books or anything else,they are filthy rich and trying to make profit look like contributions!

Goldminer

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

When I was accounts servant, the congregations monthly remittance for literature (or WWW, in more modern times) dropped from $500+ per month to around $75. Other accounts servants that I talked to said the same thing. Add to it the fact that their investment income would be earning very low rates these days, and yes, I'm not surprised to hear that they're hurting.

• luna2
    luna2

They'll give you the water free, but you gotta pay for the cup, the bottle, the cooler, the truck it came in on and the bottling plant. LOL

• upside/down
    upside/down

Can you imagine what would happen it they went broke...

The flood of unskilled labor dumped on the market...

We can only dream!

u/d

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

How much is the WT 'neverland ranch' aka Patterson educational center worth?

Chalk Hill landmark sold for condos
    Los Angeles Daily News, CA -
    ... It's the first time the 8.3-acre parcel, on what is known as Chalk Hill, has changed hands since the Jehovah's Witnesses bought it from (Bob) Hope in 1974. ...

Chalk Hill landmark sold for condos Last summer 2004

By Gregory J. Wilcox
    Staff Writer

WOODLAND HILLS -- A decades-old San Fernando Valley landmark once owned by the late Bob Hope has been sold to a residential development partnership for $25 million, officials said Wednesday.

It's the first time the 8.3-acre parcel, on what is known as Chalk Hill, has changed hands since the Jehovah's Witnesses bought it from Hope in 1974.

Look at this,the Watchtower bought this one year before the end of the world 1975,at a time that i remember they were ordering the rank and file dubs to liquidate their assets and go all out for the Kingdom of God.

This is also a time period that Brooklyn H.Q. was really crying poor mouth ( JW children were sending in their piggy banks {Jehovah's pennies} i was giving them my paper route and egg money from my 20 hens). I alone have been extorted tens of thousands of dollars of my life savings by the greedy bastards as an adult.The real estate boom that preceded the 1989-92 USA recession saw me giving the WT over a $1,000 every month.Money that I would never need,The bottom fell out of the economy and i was one step from the homeless shelter '90-95.I was then treated as 'white trash' by the congregation i was born in. This is the way it was explained to me,correct me if i am wrong.The Watchtower is the largest land owner in Brooklyn New York? Jewish folk are merchants and often wealthy and predominate Brooklyn,yet the WT is still the largest land owner? Danny Haszard Bangor Maine (why do you think i am so pissed at them?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit