Here comes trouble

by Jourles 40 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Good to see ya back.

• by grace
    by grace

Is a poser someone who poses as a JW when they're really lurking to bust apostates on websites?

• Jourles
    Jourles

I guess by saying that Catchthis was a poser, too many people took that to mean something else. What I should have said was, *I* was posing as Catchthis for the last couple of years. Sorry if I was a little too cryptic. Catchthis = Jourles......got it now?

To make a long story short, I was busted by the WTS through my ties with dirtclod. The elders came a knockin' with around a half-inch stack of printouts of my posts from here along with screenshots of dirtclod. The documentation was mailed from HQ in a 8-1/2"x11" green and white envelope.(BTW, they used Anonymizer when browsing this site - the page printouts showed the link on the bottom of the page and it was preceeded with the Anonymizer link)

I had a total of two meetings with the elder(s), including the "shepherding call" which was the ice-breaker for this mess. For the last meeting, the second elder didn't make it - only the PO showed up, by himself. This occurred during Nov. 2003.

A year passes and I still haven't attended a single meeting except for the memorial and the DC. The elders haven't pursued any action against me during that entire time. Out of the blue last January I get the call informing me of a JC. I wrote them a letter refusing to attend. I was never told point-blank what I was being df'd for. The secretary merely said that they had enough information that showed I was involved in apostacy.

After I was df'd in abstentia, the PO called that evening and said that the annoucement would be made that I was going to be df'd. Again, he did not specify the offense for which I was being df'd.(I know, the Flock book says they should) I informed them through my original letter that I would not be appealing their decision. In fact, I said that whatever the outcome would be if I attended or not, that the decision to df me was already predetermined.

That's it in a nutshell. The announcement came on Feb. 3, 2005. I guess I can consider myself lucky that I was one of a few that got the 'real' df'ing announcement before the wording change. And no, I did not attend that evening to hear it. My wife left early right after the announcement and promptly came home and downed a bottle of wine. I was playing volleyball that night.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's all in the details, Jourles.

By the way, newcomers, Jourles got the heavy treatment for posting correspondence from HQ. For the short time that Dirtclod was running, it was an amazing show.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am Lost!

Brooke

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome back Jourles! Truly wonderful to see you back with us again. Are you going to do a revived Dirtclod?

j

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, blow by blow then.

Jourles is a long-time poster, who has his wits about him. A quiet fader, he lived with his JW wife and made no waves.

Jourles gets a little more activist, still anonymous, posting reams of WT correspondence on the web (Dirtclod) for all to see.

This is too much for the Watchtower, and within weeks the elders descend with the evidence to DF Jourles.

Jourles goes underground to work on his personal life. Catchthis is born. Catchthis is Jourles in disguise.

A year goes by, they finally get around to DF'ing Jourles. He now has nothing left to lose.

Welcome back, Jourles!

Jourles puts his alternate persona to bed with a rude "poser" remark. But he secretly admires his alternate identity.

Got it?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Jourles,

Glad to see you back. They can't keep a good man down! And now you're free. Who needs them anyhow?

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

jourles,

jst2laws

• Jourles
    Jourles

WOW jgnat! That was a grand slam explanation! I COULD NOT have said it better myself.

Brooke, don't worry. I think most people who have come here in the last year and a half would be a little confused too. The best thing to do is read up on a few of my older topics. That should give you an idea of what transpired.

To everyone, it is a great feeling to be able to post freely now without looking over my shoulder. Thanks for the 'welcome back's. although I was never gone....heh heh heh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit