Catholicism

by Chia 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Chia.

Someone says "peace be with you" and you think "what the f**k"

What up with that?

That would have been just before communion probably

"By this all will know you are my disciples if you have love amongst yourselves"

"If you are about to make your offering at the temple and you remember you have something against your brother first make peace with your brother"

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

who's Hosanna?

you sure it wasn't "rosanna"? by toto?

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

You say you didn't get anything out of the sermon but stirred a memory of routine and belonging to a religion?

Go clubbing. God is a DJ

. It's safer!

• Chia
    Chia
    Someone says "peace be with you" and you think "what the f**k"

What up with that?

What's up with that is that, I didn't know the meaning of it, and they didn't know me. Therefore, it seemed insincere and awkward.

"If you are about to make your offering at the temple and you remember you have something against your brother first make peace with your brother"

My friend, who is Catholic, explained that to me as well, but I was under the impression that that has to do with someone that you have a disagreement or problem with. If you don't know someone, there isn't any need to "make peace". It just felt insincere to me.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It sounds that you are of the type of people that need some spiritual activity, the Catholics are obviously not a sect but with all religions in my view you have to be careful.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Religion is a snare and a racket!

But I highly recommend the The Disorganized Church of Latte Sipping U/D's...

They're a wacky fun bunch!

Rev. U/D

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I did volunteer work

Yeah right- what'd you get community service for?

• upside/down
    upside/down

RR- I knew a bro once that got busted...long story... and was hit with 120 hours of community service work...

Stupid me suggested he ask the judge if he could count "pioneering" toward this... and IT WORKED!

Lucky bastard.

u/d

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

lol!! I got 90 hours for assault and PoW... I worked at a local lake, picking up trash but mostly assisting people with their boats. By the time I was done, I had a great knowledge of boats and good tan...

• Chia
    Chia

What's PoW? I'm a moron. LOL, I didn't get community service for anything, I'm an angel!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit