From your picture I would say you are a "perfect babe"

• Satanus
    Satanus

Brooke

I agree.

S

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Curiosity, exploring, learning, and all other means of personal growth are expressions of human perfection. That is not boring.

Robert-----I agree 100%!

I didn't get to finish my thought in my last post---I had to go offline in a hurry (again). Grrrr. This heat and humidity is making the natives around here restless (and crabby).

What I didn't finish saying...........was that having things and being perfect would NOT be boring to me. The more things I could accomplish and do them well (as in perfectly) would be so satisfying. It would (I imagine) lead to more and more interests that would be open to me.....and as Robert says....that would not be boring. I think that's why the "Paradise Earth (TM)" had such an appeal to me.

Having struggled with so many things and situations out of my control for all my life, the option of having this idea of perfection within my reach was so intriguing. I began to study with JWs when I was about 30 and had been through a lot. It was only way down the WTS road did I realize that I didn't want to have any part in a "forever and ever" life with the restrictions that the WTS would have presented.

The more cages and barriers they slapped around us as JWs, the less appealing it became. Rather than look forward to a life among them with anticipation----the more I realized that more I didn't want it!

Boredom is something I've never experienced. I have always had more ideas than I had time to execute them. I have so many interests in even more areas, and have never been able to settle down to just a few. I'm still cutting out articles on "how to" projects and always dreaming of how to incorporate what I can do (physically, having disabilities) into an art form!!! My mind never stops---and I've never tried to slow that part of "me" down.

I believe that we "could" maintain "perfection" and not have to lose our personal identity at all. Perfection doesn't mean robotic----except in the WTS camp. And *I* don't want to go there!

Annie

• ballistic
    ballistic

OK Annie,

I guess what I am arguing is the meaning of perfection. For instance, to play a piece of music perfectly, is it to play it exactly as the composer intended. If it was, every person you hear play it over an infinate period of time would play it exactly the same. Just like hifi geeks at the moment are building simplistic hifi that doesnt take anything away or add to the music, whereas I prefer gizmos that let one add bass and treble and so on.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Fwiw, one interesting concept of "perfection" (teleiotès) is found in early Judeo-Christian writings, which has nothing to do with the WT use of the term. This perfection is understood as accessible, here and now, by acting like God according to the higher interpretation of the Law (as supposedly provided by Jesus) -- cf. the "perfect law" in James 1:25.

You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:43ff).
    If you wish to be perfect, go, sell your possessions, and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me. (Matthew 19:21)
    There are two ways, one of life and one of death, but a great difference between the two ways. The way of life, then, is this: First, you shall love God who made you; second, love your neighbor as yourself, and do not do to another what you would not want done to you. And of these sayings the teaching is this: Bless those who curse you, and pray for your enemies, and fast for those who persecute you. For what reward is there for loving those who love you? Do not the Gentiles do the same? But love those who hate you, and you shall not have an enemy. Abstain from fleshly and worldly lusts. If someone strikes your right cheek, turn to him the other also, and you shall be perfect. (Didachè 1)
    See that no one causes you to err from this way of the Teaching, since apart from God it teaches you. For if you are able to bear the entire yoke of the Lord, you will be perfect; but if you are not able to do this, do what you are able. And concerning food, bear what you are able; but against that which is sacrificed to idols be exceedingly careful; for it is the service of dead gods. (Didachè 6.)
    Watch for your life's sake. Let not your lamps be quenched, nor your loins unloosed; but be ready, for you know not the hour in which our Lord will come. But come together often, seeking the things which are befitting to your souls: for the whole time of your faith will not profit you, if you are not made perfect in the last time. (Didachè 16.)
  • Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Just like hifi geeks at the moment are building simplistic hifi that doesnt take anything away or add to the music, whereas I prefer gizmos that let one add bass and treble and so on.

Ballistic,

Hmmm....okay, so the piece of music is perfect in it's state of being, the way the composer wrote and/or heard it right?

Now in your mind, if you wish to enhance ot tweak the same piece to your personal liking---would it be any less perfect? I wouldn't think so, because you'd enjoy it even more. You're not destroying or damaging the original composition, so where is the problem?

I hope I'm not going off in left field, but sometimes abstract discussions can go that way! I'm truly trying to understand what you are trying to convey. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and I know that! Maybe I'm in over my head on this topic, LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• Dustin
    Dustin

I think being imperfect is awesome. Sure it would be great to be physicly healthy all the time, but from an emmotional standpoint I think being imperfect, and making our mistakes is what makes us unique, and interesting. If we were all perfect we would always make the right decision, and honestly that doesn't sound very appealing.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    making our mistakes is what makes us unique, and interesting. If we were all perfect we would always make the right decision, and honestly that doesn't sound very appealing

Dustin,

After having gone through six decades of royally screwing up my life----I would welcome waking up one day and knowing that I wouldn't do anything stupid ever again!

To me it sounds like those who say money isn't everything---but they've always had plenty OF it! I've had the life of vast imperfection--healthwise and everything else. NOW (if it were possible) I'm more than ready to try another way.

Annie

• greendawn
    greendawn

Even in a perfect world people will have to learn new things and not everything will be predictable, there will be a certainty in peace and security but that's not a cause of boredom.

• bebu
    bebu

Building a little on greendawn's thought... wouldn't a perfect world take into consideration that we need to be challenged/have change/keep growing? Strumming harps/petting lions or whatever idyllic image that comes to your mind... we'd surely be bored in 3 days!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit