Do you think perfection is boring?

by ballistic 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    Even in a perfect world people will have to learn new things and not everything will be predictable, there will be a certainty in peace and security but that's not a cause of boredom.

Greendawn,

That's what I've been trying (not too well) to SAY! All the "negatives" would be removed, and more "positives" could take flight, without fear of failure. Rather than stifle creativity I think it would open up more ideas each day!

Strumming harps/petting lions or whatever idyllic image that comes to your mind... we'd surely be bored in 3 days

Bebu,

Well........yeah. That and eating ginormous fruit and visiting your neighbors dressed in the latest from June Cleaver's closet WOULD be enough to re-think the whole thing!!! But that's the WTS version of perfect. Naturally they'd make even perfection unbearable!

Annie

• bebu
    bebu
    visiting your neighbors dressed in the latest from June Cleaver's closet WOULD be enough to re-think the whole thing!!! But that's the WTS version of perfect. Naturally they'd make even perfection unbearable!

LOL Annie!

All the "negatives" would be removed, and more "positives" could take flight, without fear of failure. Rather than stifle creativity I think it would open up more ideas each day!

And that wouldn't be boring, IMO too.

bebu

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I wonder how long it would take to see everyting there is to see and learn to do everything there is to learn.
    Would it be like the movie "Ground Hog day?".
    Do each day over and over till we get it right?

Possibly because we are NOT perfect we have a hard time envisioning a "Perfect world".
    I personally couldn't imagine such a world. In say 5,000 years you say to your mate(If you have one) Let's go see the grand canyon..they would say..we already saw it. Would it be boring after so long a time?

And kids..after the earth would be reasonably filled..the children would stop coming..as we supposedly grow to perfection everyone would be about the same age.there would be no more mating as procreation was the only reason for it according to the bible.You know what that means..no sex!

But we would be farmers.. not herders..I doubt we would eat meat.
    I wonder if the animals would die? I can't remember.

So 10,000. years go by..what kind of life would you envision?

By this time you would have to have a daily pattern. Maybe God would assign a new living area for you and tell you to move to such and such area..but that would eventually get used up and you would have to start over at a area you already lived once.
    Would he wipe out our memories every so often so it would be a New experience for us?

Would he directly heal all of us and get rid of any viruses that linger after Armageddon?(Cleanning up dead bodies is a bummer for germs!)
    Or appoint "Healers?"

What would happen to marriage?..In a perfect body would we need a 'Soulmate?"

We already know if someone is resurrected they will be unable to marry as they will be like the angels!

So some will live be unmarried.
    Will God eventually wipe out our memories of loved ones that died and weren't JW's?
    He said he would. Do you want your memory erased?

It just doesn't sound real to me...and yet..the thought of never seeing hubby again tears me up sometimes..
    But it is just a fact I have to face. It is my belief!

Being perfect sounds wonderful..no death..but when you start asking questions..you start to wonder!
    Almost like a life sentence without parole. No way out.

Snoozy...

• bebu
    bebu
    Will God eventually wipe out our memories of loved ones that died and weren't JW's?

He said he would. Do you want your memory erased?

??? Where is that written anywhere??--outside of a WTS publication, that is? (This is a doctrine unique to the JWs, I believe...)

bebu

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Are you implying that the JW's would lie?

I'm sure they picked out some scripture that backed that crazy thought up.

I don't have any of their old literature but I could look in the bible..not my favorite book by the way!

I keep thinking it may be in Psalms ...to be perfect and happy..wouldn't it make sense to wipe out any remaining memories of past pain ?Or do you think they would remember so as not to repeat the same mistakes?

Snoozy..a wanna be detective...And is only quoting from what the JW's teach..and which I always had a hard time believing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit