Pope thinks hitting children is "Beautiful"

by cofty 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

One time, I heard a father in a meeting with married couples say `I sometimes have to smack my children a bit, but never in the face so as to not humiliate them.’How beautiful! He knows the sense of dignity! He has to punish them but does it justly and moves on. - Pope Francis

Read more...

That's twice in a month he has endorsed violence...

There is NEVER an excuse for hitting children. One day our descendants will look back and wonder why anybody ever thought it was acceptable.

The pope might be an improvement on the moral reprobate that occupied the Vatican previoulsy but he is still an old buffoon who is not fit to be a moral example for anybody.

• Simon
    Simon
    Maybe he wants to play for the NFL or something :)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

2cofty: "There is NEVER an excuse for hitting children."

How about an older brother slamming his younger brother and gashing his forehead? No, not my children and no one got spanked but jus' saying. 

• cofty
    cofty
    Still no excuse. EVER!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Hell you cant hit in the NFL anymore either :(
  • suavojr
    suavojr

This comment from the pope made my blood boil. I recalled all those terrible moments when my dad or mom would hit me with a belt and no pants on. After the beating, my parents would hug me and say they loved me.

Why would my parents do this? Because of reading the bible and taking it literally.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Nothing wrong with spanking if it's properly done.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia
    Not as progressive as his supporters like to think he is, eh?
  • cofty
    cofty
    Nothing wrong with spanking if it's properly done. - Shirley

Spanking is child abuse. Future generations will quote you Shirley to illustrate how much moral progress enlightened society has made since 2015.

Spanking is done by lazy parents who wish to convey the message that violence is the way to control other people. 

• suavojr
    suavojr

Spanking is done by lazy parents who wish to convey the message that violence is the way to control other people. 

Why do you think is lazy? parents spank because they think it is the only way, at least in my case. I don't hold a grudge towards my parents because they both come from uneducated backgrounds, my late grandparents would beat the crap out of my parents and it just continued.

We have been now enlightened and know it is not the correct way of parenting. But some people like Shirley still think that spanking is okay if you don't leave marks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit