If you won the lottery would you still work anyways???

by JV 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JV
    JV

Ahhhh Dan-O no beating around the bush with you eh

• John Doe
    John Doe

Incidentally, I once saw a statistic that said the average multi-million dollar lottery winner is broke within 2 years. Like it or not, guys, most people are short-sighted enough that working will be necessary, whether they want to or not.

Looking at folks' responces to this question, seems a lot of people are in the wrong line of work. If you think your work is meaningless, you need to find another career. It's been said more than once that you need to find a job you'd do for free to be happy. The folks who are smart enough to have found the right job are by far the most pleasant to be around.

This is only idealistic if one makes it that way. Too many think that since they weren't talented enough to find such a career, no one does. That's simply not true. One has to get his or her priorities in order, and the rest will follow. To view work as undesireable is to have a sad outlook on life, and something needs to be changed. Money isn't going to fix that.

• dh
    dh

In one way or another, yes.

• delilah
    delilah

Definitely, but I'd work at something I enjoy, rather than keep the job I have now...not that I don't like it,but after 24 years,...BORING.....I'd want to branch out....but I'd buy me a nice home, invest some and help my family out....and go on a much needed and well deserved holiday....

Delilah...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit