If you won the lottery would you still work anyways???

by JV 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

I'd quit 3 of my 4 jobs.

Pole

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I won the Pennsylvania CASH 5 LOTTERY in October, 2003 and stopped working the following week.

Truth be told............One week before I retired, I won $11.00 by getting 3 numbers out of 5.

HappyDad

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'll always be doing something. I absolutely abhor the idea leaving my couch potato bum print on the couch every day while driveling away a potentally productive existence. I think I would probably take some college course for fun that I've always wanted to learn about--probably chemistry and physics, perhaps astronomy, geology, aeronautics--the list is endless. No life of laziness can be fullfilling.

• JV
    JV

John Doe, that what i've been looking to hear, " no life of laziness can be fullfilling "

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes.

It would not be what I am doing now.

I would not work 40 hours a week and I'd take plenty of vacations. I'd never work a weekend or holiday again that I didn't want to. I always work weekends and most holidays now. I hate that part of my job.

I have my dreams of what fulfilling work would be. I'd live my dreams.

• Swan
    Swan

LOL! Yeah, right!

• Es
    Es

I think I would be like JW83 and go on a trip and i would prob buy a house and decent car. But keep the rest for my son, and perhaps start up a business of my own....i know from not working for 3 years now coz of being a mum it can get very very boring at home so maybe i would get a casual job just to get me out of the house es

• JW83
    JW83

it can get very very boring at home

I'm with you there, Es! Looking after kids can be a pretty thankless task, & constantly cleaning is yuk! After a while your brain goes dead ...

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I would keep busy, that's for sure!! Depending on how much I won, and kept after taxes, of course! But I assume you mean a really big win with the option of never having to work again. Well I love to work, but I would like it to be in a field I would love! Not some meaningless type of work like I do now.

I would seek out something I love to do and fit it in with all the travel I would be doing. I would really enjoy forestry, horticulture, or something to do with animals.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"Say you won the lottery would you continue to work??"

[edit] kidding me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit