If you won the lottery would you still work anyways???

by JV 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JV
    JV

I'm really, really curious about everybody's opinions on this. Say you won the lottery would you continue to work??? or would you retire to pursure a shuffleboard career among other things?? I would like to know everybody's thoughts on this subject to see if i'm in the minority.

• JW83
    JW83

My first reaction was 'nope' - I'd travel & spend a lot more time with my husband & daughter.

However:- I'm at uni studying history & if I get a PhD scholarship I would definitely continue on with that even if I won the lottery, cos I love it. But I guess the pressure would be off, & I wouldn't have to worry so much about getting a job at the end of it. I think there comes a point with any job you do, even if you love it, where a bit of time off would be great!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I certainly wouldn't work with a handsome sum in a bank account you can earn plenty of interest doing nothing, so I would spend my time travelling and studying interesting subjects and doing some charity for the poor.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Let me think about that for a moment.........

NO.

I would finish college however, just for bragging rights. After that I'd sell my house, buy a boat, and sail around the Caribbean for a couple years.

• Ellie
    Ellie

If I won the lottery I'd be able to afford to go to uni without making my family suffer financially, that would be great.

Afterwards I would probably look into starting my own business so I could work as much or as little as I liked.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

No way. Never. I already have a nice loveaffair with my couch. If I won money we´d never had to be apart again. Lazy

• zagor
    zagor

Well, let me see, how much is the Grand Prize?? :-)

on the second thought I like what I do, but I'd definitely take a long, long holiday.

• Podiatrist
    Podiatrist

to smell feet every day with $$$ in my bank account?

Of course

Not

• luna2
    luna2

Somebody said that managing a fortune is a full time job. LOL

I'd prolly take classes, do volunteer work, travel, build and decorate the house of my dreams, and try to write a book (doesn't mean I'd ever really finish or that it would be good enough to publish, but I'd like to try). I think I could find more than enough rewarding things to do that didn't require going into a job every day.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Not 9 to 5, I would travel, buy a Barnes and Nobles Book Store, read every book I ever wanted to read in all fields of endeavors, help out some relatives and friends and the needy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit