If you won the lottery would you still work anyways???

by JV 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I didn't win the lottery and I don't work.

Ken P.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Nope! No way - not in an office. I would like to work doing something more natural and hands on like running a small holding, you know -growing stuff and keeping animals. That's what I've always wanted to do but ended up working for a corporation.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I would work in some way but not what I am doing now.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

THE FIRST THING I WOULD DO IS GO OUT AND BUY SOME NEW 'JUMPER CABLES'! BUT I WOULDN'T QUIT WORKING BECAUSE IF I WON THE LOTTERY, I STILL WOULDN'T HAVE ENOUGH TO PAY OFF ALL MY DEBTS! HA!

OUTASERVICE

• JV
    JV

I guess the majority wouldn't work, but we'd all keep busy some how, i guess i just see work as a way to keep busy, we all know that idle hands are the devils tool .

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yes. as far as i can tell about myself: i would enroll in university and never stop. perma-student. i would probably live simply, with the odd luxury like traveling.

• catchthis
    catchthis

I have one of those jobs that if someone asks, "What is your dream job?" I would say that I am already doing it. My job is my hobby. I love the field I'm in.

So if I were to win the lottery(wouldn't happen becuase I do not gamble), I would continue in my job....seeing that it is also my hobby. I would just have extra money for buying real estate.

• TadSexington
    TadSexington

I know this is kind of twisted, but I think about this quite a bit, and I've decided that if I won the lottery, I would still work. The only thing is, that I would find customer service jobs, and be the biggest asshole that I could to customers, because if I got fired it wouldn't matter....... i guess I'm just bitter from working so may fast food/cust. service jobs......

-Tad

• freedom96
    freedom96

It really depends on how much I got.

If I won 4 or 5 million, even paid in cash, yes I would still work. Though, I would use that money to make even more money.

• JH
    JH

If I won a decent amount, I would stop working, and share some with my very few friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit