Took a huge step today

by tyler m 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tyler m
    tyler m

I've been gone from the "truth" for 9 years this month. I have very little contact with my witness family. Every year around this time I get a letter from my grandparents. It's full of guilt and some updates about the family. They tell me this because they want me to feel I am missing out. In the past I always looked forward to these letters because at least I would have some kind of idea about what is going on in the family. My parents are not that forthcoming. I go back to my house to check the mail once a week (its being remodeled) and lo and behold there is a letter. I had no desire to open the letter and I took pen out and put return to sender and put it back in my mail box. My grandparents and the rest of my JW family can keep their crumbs. I don't need them.

• Chia
    Chia

Wow Tyler! You're finally breaking free of the guilt. You're getting stronger each day. Kudos to you!

• luna2
    luna2

Way to Go! Good for you, tyler!

• Funchback
    Funchback

Yay!!!!

Good for you, Tyler!

• avishai
    avishai

How about you send THEM a letter saying how well YOU are doing, without having to sell books for nothing, spending 30 or so extra hours a week of your life working for a publishing company? Working for an org. that ruins lives, kills kids with its blood policy and covers up for child molesters and cavorts with the wild beast of babylon? How you get to wake up on saturday and finally watch all the cartoons you missed as a kid?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Gutsy move!

DY

• tyler m
    tyler m
    How about you send THEM a letter saying how well YOU are doing, without having to sell books for nothing, spending 30 or so extra hours a week of your life working for a publishing company? Working for an org. that ruins lives, kills kids with its blood policy and covers up for child molesters and cavorts with the wild beast of babylon? How you get to wake up on saturday and finally watch all the cartoons you missed as a kid?

Tempting but it would not accomplish anything. I stopped writing back after year 4. Sending back the letter return to sender will send a real message....leave me alone and don't contact me.

• Purza
    Purza

Good for you. No need to listen/read any more of the guilt and shame. When I get emails from the woman formerly known as my mother, I have my husband read them so he can let me know if there is anything worth reading.

Purza

• greendawn
    greendawn

Good move, they quickly forgot about the generation change that dashed their hopes for a new system any time soon, and who was manipulating them all those years with false expectations.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Good for you!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking of repacking the new book my JW stepdad sent me yesterday, and writing "deceased" across my name. Think that would make a point??

shelley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit