Took a huge step today

by tyler m 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Well done tyler that would have taken guts which evidently you have good on you :) es

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Yikes!
    That's a mighty gutsy move. I think I would have trouble with that. But then my grandparents are mostly dead (one is still living) and none were witnesses so I hold them in different regard.

I might do it to my mother, but she's stopped trying to contact me.
    (I'm neither DA'd nor DF'd)

Oh well. I guess congrats. It certainly moves you into another chapter.

Is today really your birthday??

If so,

***HAPPY BIRTHDAY***

Hugs,
    -Aude.

• Sith
    Sith

Congratulations, Tyler. You took a GIANT step.

I believe you should re-think Avishai's suggestion. Ignoring your family's attempts to make you feel guilty is one thing. But showing them that you are moving on and happy and willing to keep your relationship alive, will show that you are the bigger man. Whatever you do and whatever happens, you are well on your way to a free and happy life.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    They tell me this because they want me to feel I am missing out.

Emotional blackmail. If they really cared about you, they'd be camped out on your doorstep wanting a real relationship and apologizing for treating you so crappily for the past 9 years. This is more of the same punishment *ull-*hit.

As far as sending the letter back, Good for you!!

Jeannie

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Tyler - yeah I agree you should let them know how well you are doing. When one lets go of the guilt - it's a huge break through. That guilt hangs in the back of your mind & just eats a way at ones inner self/joy/contentment silently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit