We touch each other...

by MerryMagdalene 58 Replies latest jw friends

• zagor
    zagor

yeah I'd rather know it, don't really want all of you gossiping me when I turn my back, LOL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Sorry I fully confess to being a RECOGNITION freak - it is my main motivator in life

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

We touch each other???????

No, I touch myself!

Love all of you guys!

When I think about you I touch myself

Brooke

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

*whisper whisper whisper* and then zagor *whisper whisper whisper* so I said *whisper whisper whisper*
    can you believe that?!? *giggle giggle* shhh, there he is. Don't tell him I said anything.

Gossiping? Nope, not gonna happen. Hope I can help alleviate your fears about that, zagor. Rest easy. If you "touch" me in any way, shape or form I will definitely tell you to your cyber-face what I thought of it!

~Merry

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Is that YOU, Stilla?!? Thought I recognized you

~Merry

It's true----Brooke "...don't want anybody else..." Guess we're all enough for her, eh?...or are we?

~still Merry

Oh, and Netty~ have you met Brooke? Brooke ~ Netty...(a touching introduction)...ack! No, Brooke, your supposed to shake HER hand, not your own...(sigh)

~even Merrier

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Merry

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Now that I've found this thread---there are way too many posts that I'd like to add my comments on........so I'll just have to say that there have been some absolutely terrific thoughts made on here!

I have also gotten some very surprising PMs from folks that rarely post--or that I hadn't directly comment to on a subject. Not that I'm patting myself on the back---but it made me feel good to know that "my" words had a good effect on someone.

Fortunately, the only negative PMs (so far) were sent with a nice attitude and a chance to go further into our differences.

I'd rather be told....having the chance to rectify something that I may have said that was said wrong or was taken wrong......I am a marshmallow at heart but I'm Irish AND I tend to bristle when it comes to injustice and someone being unfair whether its to me or another poster.

Like everyone else---I know that I can be seen two ways---either someone would like to kick me in the butt or give me a high-five for something I might post. It happens.

I've only gotten angry enough at another poster to tell her to bite me---a phrase I rarely use and even seldom think! It wasn't on JWD, BTW. Most times I'm able to discuss the differences and go on from there. I'll leave that for another time.

Some folks leave here after a while---but I seem to get more and more attached to this board the longer I stay. *I'm* different now and am still evolving and changing my thoughts and ideas on "things". When people are honest and friendly---we can learn so much from them. I have.

Annie

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Most probably feel you need to know things about each other in order to be touched. Is that really true?

Certainly it tends to come through in SOMETHING that people say or do, but so much of what goes on doesn't really speak to who we are, you know? The JW experience may be one thing that quickly comes to mind, but I would say that only shows up because of how the experience ISN'T who we are. So it speaks to who we are indirectly, but of course that can be touched upon directly.

There are some expressions that simply speak for itself. These things do not speak to who you think you are, or take yourself to be, but you get the sense it speaks directly to you. Sometimes it is like something in the form of poetry, but it would be a mistake to think it's just beautiful words. We may go back to our self concepts or what have you, but if you saw clearly what was going on in those moments, or if you really touched into it, then you know it is something much deeper than exchanging a ton of information about your life.

So this is why I don't particularly think the details matter, because it is really secondary. Sometimes it is appropriate to go into our stories or whatever, but meeting in that deeper place is what I consider being really touched.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I think I prefer recognition, even though I would be anticipating negative feedback, which scares me, cos my worst fear is that I have hurt or offended someone without realising it (now If I MEANT to offend and I realise it, thats a different matter h hahah ahhah haha).

My mums been very negative on me all my life, cos shes been badly depressed all her life, so part of me thinks im wicked and mouthy, then theres the other part of me which is lively and funny and irrepressable - thats the part of me that keeps getting into trouble with the mum part of me. Im a horrible mix of someone with strong opinions who cant keep them down plus someone who wishes she had kept her opinions to herself because they are bound to offend someone! So basically I say what I feel about what I think are important issues then feel bad for the rest of the evening for not keeping to harmless social chit chat.

HELP ME!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit