• arrowstar
    arrowstar

prophecor -

Thank you so much.

It's a pleasure to finally meet you.

Lisa

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    So, we do touch each other. Like when you throw a pebble in a still body of water. The ripples go out and if you wait long enough the water will be still again. The lake will look the same but it is forever changed.

alt

• Es
    Es

I would rather know everything but if its bad news or someone doesnt like me then i usually wish that i hadnt found out get me? es

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Lisa spot on!

know that this is just a discussion board. That being said it's not just a discussion board. The community on any board make that board what it is and will ultimately become. With every post we make you leave an impression on someone that reads it. Good, bad or indifferent. So, we do touch each other. Like when you throw a pebble in a still body of water. The ripples go out and if you wait long enough the water will be still again. The lake will look the same but it is forever changed.

I can only hope that what I post I do with compassion, humor and love because that would be what I would want to receive in return.

As for knowing the impact/impression we make on others? If you want to tell me...tell me. Absorbed in wondering what people think of me? Not my style.

You know how I feel about you Lisa!

I do believe that what we say here will have a deep affect on others but not on everyone. For myself I'm always amazed when I get a PM from someone saying something nice about something I posted. I'm not so surprised when I get a PM from someone who is in complete and utter disagreement and disgust with what I've posted, but always after some PMing back and forth we either become better acquainted/friends or just agree to disagree. Like Lisa said so well I too am not of the sort to be absorbed in wondering what people think of me, it matters more to me what I think of myself. After all we are all entitled to our own opinions and view points about things aren't we? I like the diversity of the posters here and am very amazed at how many of you can discuss topics I haven't a clue about but come away from informed.

That said I do try to leave a good impression but full know you win some and lose some. It's never my intention to cause anyone grief we've all had enough of that in our lives in the B'org.

So many if not all of you have in some way or another touched me and I've laughed, cried, and cheered for you even though I may not have said a darn thing in the threads I've read it's always had some effect on me.

• JW83
    JW83

Hmmm, this is not something I worry much about in real life, but on this board I do sometimes worry how I am being perceived, especially when nobody replies to a post I've made! I feel invisible ...

JUST LOVE ME!!!

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'll be paying more attetion JW83

• JW83
    JW83

Thanks Prophecor!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I was invisible for a lot of years. I'd like to know...

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I wanted to say more about the difference of touching and being touched, and the effect it has. Also, it's not always something one might view as positive, but we can say it is a matter of being engaged if nothing else. But as far as the difference between being touched and the effect it has on someone, it's clear that the deeper part of the experience is actually having been touched, and that could trigger different things for different people.

One thing that's for sure is it's a certain intimacy, which is quite a contrast from using ideas to distance ourselves, that kind of "I can intellectualize about it so I am above it - don't have to get my hands dirty" kind of thing. If you want to talk about support, this is where the real work is being done. And frankly you know those who use the intellectualization strategy, (which has nothing to do with how valid the ideas are) consciously or not, like to have buddies who do the same. There is that longing for connection after all. In short, I guess you can say the knowing, whether it's knowing the effect or whatever, pales in comparison to the actual connection made in being touched.

• bebu
    bebu

(((JW83)))

I've certainly noticed your posts! Sorry to not convey it. But I'm glad you've kept on posting even while you've wondered if you're invisible.

(...Nark, I loved your post. Your last comment reminds me of some of my most fervent prayers: Simply to know I'm noticed is enough... )

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit