We touch each other...

by MerryMagdalene 58 Replies latest jw friends

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

...in so many ways, some known to us, others remaining unknown and unrecognised, sometimes for years, sometimes forever.

So, my question is: would you rather know of the ways in which your presence effects others or would you prefer such things not be drawn to your attention? Recognition or anonymity?

~Merry

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

RECOGNITION!!

I would rather know.

Anonymity seems to be a weakness... (No offense anyone) Which I refuse to succumb to. If you hate me, think I'm fat and ugly, Tell me. I'd much rather know.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Ah, good---my chance to tell you what I REALLY think of you, Richie...

You are an absolute phenomenon...an amazingly savvy 17 year-old and a major contributor to this board. You're an inspiration, a delight, and a force to be reckoned with...watch out WTBTS!!!!!!!!!

~Merry

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

God damn right I'd rather know!

*an eerie silence flows over the crowd, as normal*

Often times people become distant to me on message boards and sometimes in the 'real' world as well, and I want to know why so that I can better myself. I don't want people to walk on egg shells and act like everything's fine...get in my f*cking face and tell my why you're afraid to respond to me! Is it because I'm too honest? Is it because I say whatever's on my mind and people can't handle it? Is it because my arguments are so good that there can be no rebuttal? Tell me!

(Remember this for future reference)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Silence is golden
    The Tremeloes

Silence is golden but my eyes still see
    Silence is golden, golden but my eyes still see.

Edit: Ooops sonnyboy, I did not mean to post over you... sorry. My post wasnt referencing yours.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Regardless of preference, sometimes we won't be able to know. Yeah when you're communicating directly like this there is the opportunity, but it's not always like that. What counts is that you touch or are touched, the recognition is not even possible if that didn't happen in the first place.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Blatantly ignoring Sonnyboy to say to IP_SEC: so, you'd rather people showed you than told you?

~Merry

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Mark~

Yes, that is often the case. So many lives touching and touched by other lives in ways we'll never know, which is what got me to thinking...if at all possible, would you rather know or just let it go? I agree that what's important is the effect whether we are aware of it or not, but in becoming aware of it new effects may be created and future ones altered for the better.

~Merry

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Merry, no need to be told.

alt

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    I agree that what's important is the effect whether we are aware of it or not, but in becoming aware of it new effects may be created and future one's altered for the better.

Like what? I don't see it as such a mental process, in any case there is also the possibility that being aware of it (or rather the result, right?) you lose an opportunity to touch because you are absorbed in that experience. I'd rather not lose a moment that way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit