Are You Sick of Religion?

by minimus 57 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I am not sick of religion. To each their own.

What I don't like is a religion that promotes violence like in the middle east, and I don't like a religion that promotes the destruction of friends and family like the WTS.

Other than that, let everyone worship as they see fit, as long as it doesn't hurt others.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I hate religion with a passion. I don't want to have faith in anything anymore, and I like it that way.

• troucul
    troucul

No! embrace the suck!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

religion is from latin, to bind.... whatever binds your mind to your understanding of reality counts, so that even atheism can be a religion, as the American Atheists proved in court.

spirituality is from full of breath or hot air.... breath being a symbol of invisible powers... like ideas and emotions...

the wisest advise I know comes from Robert A wilson --- Everyone has their own Belief System, the trick is to never take anyones BS too seriously, especially ones own.

this can be accomplished by realizing that all experiences are facts, but beliefs about them are not.

I see something wispy and shaped like a man, nearly transparent.... can be a fact--- a fact of perceptions, an experience.

I see a ghost, is a belief, not necessarily a fact, not necessarly wrong either....but just a belief, a conclusion drawn from education, experiences and previous beliefs.

People such as JWs tend to give two opposing beliefs as the ONLY alteranatives and then provide evidence for one over the other...and by doing this over and over again they steer the uninformed to their conclusions.... yet in just about every case one can think of many different possibilities not given by the JWs or others using the same tactics

and just because all CURRENT evidence points to one of two GIVEN possibilities does not make that ONE the correct answer.... just the most likely of the possibilities at hand... this is often overlooked by those seeking absolute answers to open questions.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Thanks for that Zen. I was just thinking yesterday everybody wants to kill the Buddha, but nobody wants to dispose of the body. After a while the carcass starts to stink, attracts flies and it's just not a pretty sight..

• lilybird
    lilybird

Zen. your post sums up the mysteries of religion vs. spirituality perfectly, for me anyways. Spirituality is a personal experience and everyone should be allowed their own feelings and beliefs as your post states. Good point about not taking one's own beliefs too seriously.. as much as one should not try to influence others to follow their own beliefs.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I have been sometimes.

However it never lasts too long. I guess I am a desperately religious mind, and past all beliefs I'm still interested in the subject. What we call "religion," I think, is an essential part of mankind, much older than "God" and which may survive "him" in many ways.

Perhaps I am sick from religion but that's another topic.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm so sick of religion - I don't want to fall under a system of do's and don'ts cos this is what we say. Sorry I had 28 years of that I'm not about to hand myself over like an idiont.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit