My First Post

by Stress Free 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

Hi Everyone,

I have been a regular visitor to this forum for the past 2 years or so, finally I got the courage to register.

You guys are an inspiration , your stories and experiences have helped me to take a stand against this controlling org.

In short, I was raised from birth as a jw, parents are from the old school very much hard liners, the society is their God. Of course, you do what

is expected of you, get baptised as a teenager become a ms then elder. I always had my doubts about the society and its teachings but was

always advised not to question it. It has taken me 40 years to finally take my stand to do whats right and walk away.

18 months ago my family walked away after months of careful study. We read Raymond Franz two books which only confirmed for us what

we always thought. Then we studied the history of religion and the origin of the bible, boy what an eye opener!! It was certainly different from

what we were previously taught.

I come from a large JW family, my parents and all but one of my siblings have shunned us, even though we have never been disfellowshiped.

Walking away has brought about a lot of heartache for us, mainly because of losing the close relationship we had with my parents and relatives. However, this shunning has confirmed for us that love in the borg and including family is conditional.

One day when I have the time I will tell my full story.

Keep up the great work, you guys are a great comfort.

Stress Free

• avishai
    avishai

Welcome!!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    However, this shunning has confirmed for us that love in the borg and including family is conditional.

Contratulations on your courageous first step. The Bible seems to be laden with examples of conditional love, which has led me to abandon the farce of Judeo/Christianity altogether.

Good luck on your journey. Don't be afraid to explore other means of enlightenment.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome Stress Free, look forward to reading your story

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome to your first post Stress Free. It takes courage to come out, hey? It keeps the cause alive.

GBL

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Stress Free!

Another Aussie. Welcome to the board. I look forward to reading what you have to say!

Cheers!

• Huxley
    Huxley

Welcome! Huxley

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Welcome! Hope to hear more from you!!

shelley

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME it is great to see another aussie on board

• greendawn
    greendawn

Congratulations for the bold steps you took it's better to accept the truth about the borg and be shunned rather than live a lie everyday.

The JWs are basically like most religions they want to control and exploit people but do so very aggressively.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit