The Watchtower Preaches Failure ... and Heartache

by metatron 10 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Driven by panic, the Governing Body's current theme continues to dominate their magazines

and assemblies: the next generation of young Witnesses are "leaving the truth" and must be

stopped!

The most recent "Special Assembly Day" was more of the same - with the added emphasis

to avoid going to college. The speaker said that a college education was unnecessary

for Bethel service and gave examples of speedily gained careers like becoming a massage

therapist, so as to avoid college.

The simple fact is that the uneducated and those that are exhausted by trying to make a

living in a marginal career are easier for the Society to control. The recent "allowance"

for Witness kids to attend college came about as a direct result of Bethel hypocrisy.

The Society was forced to send some Bethelites to college to meet its own needs

and word about this got around, impelling them to "allow" ordinary Witness kids to

go to college - if they promised to pioneer ( a promise often forgotten once the kid

is unchained from sterile Watchtowerism).

The real victims in this are the Witness parents who can not be protected from

this sort of fraud that is shielded by the the First Amendment. While the leaders of

Enron and others must face prosecution, the Watchtower is free to demand that Witness

children be raised by their harsh standards, knowing full well that the overwhelming

majority will reject the organization, together with the real loss of friends and

family which that entails. If child baptism is wrong, why is baptism of teenagers right?

Can most teenagers successfully choose a life career or marriage mate? Why then

place such a cruel and unrealistic burden on them, so that they now can be

disfellowshipped and cast off by their families? Why should the Watchtower get away

with endlessly proclaiming that parents should "train their children from infancy",

knowing that the process is dominated by failure and heartache?

If there was a way to make it widely known - and believed by - ordinary Witnesses,

the Society's internal statistics on what percentage of Witness kids leave the "truth"

(85%+?), could be more devastating to the general faith of JWs than any other

exposure. You can always say that 'apostates' made up stories about abuse,

or that the Society needed a UN library card but exposure of this continuing failure

could cripple the organization. Witness parents see too much evidence around them

to be able to contend "with the inevitable", if it became widely known. Indeed, the

Governing Body may be in fear of this - besides the long term threat of the organization's

next "lost generation".

metatron

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    If child baptism is wrong, why is baptism of teenagers right?

Thank you. Say this over and over again.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Nothing has changed in 20 years!! You'd think after awhile they'd catch on!!!

Maybe after this older generation those running the WBTS dies off, we can have a mutiny!!

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Excellent post Metatron!

I'm sitting here trying to think how many people I know who have left the org.I really can't think of them all,I'd have to take out pen and paper and start writing names;a very long list.

In my wife's family 3 out of 4 (75%) are out,in my sister's family 1 of 3 (33%)so far and there are many other families like that.Those that are still all in have many who are unhappy or sick or just going through the motions.I even firmly believe that the WTS is fudging its numbers to make look as though they still have a positive increase every year.The circuit and district assemblies here have declined close to 30% over the last 8 years and I suspect it's similar in many other districts.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

less people who are jw's when armageddon comes= more paradise property for each jw that makes it thru... YAY!

bethelbite

• skyman
    skyman

If God makes people pay in the end I hope the Society gets it in the end.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    knowing full well that the overwhelming

majority will reject the organization, together with the real loss of friends and

family which that entails. If child baptism is wrong, why is baptism of teenagers right?

Can most teenagers successfully choose a life career or marriage mate? Why then

place such a cruel and unrealistic burden on them, so that they now can be

disfellowshipped and cast off by their families? Why should the Watchtower get away

with endlessly proclaiming that parents should "train their children from infancy",

knowing that the process is dominated by failure and heartache?

GOOD POINTS. I have thought of this point a lot, but never articulated it as well. I have seen so many young kids forced into baptism and a few years down the road be DFd. Both my sisters sons were baptized at 13. they were both immature young boys raised up in a troubled household. they say that baptism is a personal decision, but those of us who were in the Org know the pressure a person is put under to get baptized and the young ones in the Org are especially manipulated into performing this life changing ceremony. I remember one girl who couldn't get her ears pieced until she got dunked. Others have been manipulated in other ways. Both my sisters son are out now--one lasted until he was about 16--the other at about 21. Both are shunned by their mom and other members of the family. If they knew at 13 what they know now as adults they would have never made that life changing decision. My sister too has gone through so much heart ache losing her sons and now I have heard that her younger two have just been baptized at 13 and 10! Will these kids make it--well they have a 15% chance of it. My sis will be devastated if she loses them all, but is still willing to sacrifice them to the WT cause. I really don't know how parents in the Org can do it. It would have killed me to cut my daughter off. It's scary to think that loving parents can be manipulated into doing such a thing to their children--despite the family disfunction my sis really loved her kids. The WT cult is wickedly strong that way. this is one of the things I hate most about the org.

cybs

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

WOW. i the points i wanted to make and quote from are already taken.

nice, metatron, thanks.

• homesteader
    homesteader

excellent post. i felt like such a failure because none of my four children stayed. i was a jw for 20 some years and it took my two oldest teenagers who are now 28 &30 to get me out. they were baptized when teens under pressure from myself and the cong. When they were df'd I thought to myself nobody is going to take my family from me. I tried for a few weeks not speaking to them, but couldn't live with myself. That along with the generation that wasn't going to pass away opened my eyes tremendously. I regret all I put those poor kids through and when they share how they felt I apologize. They are so forgiving and don't blame me, but I tell them that I was the adult in their lives and should have known better. i'm proud of my kids for being able to think on their own and that they had the ability to make the decisions they did at such a vulnerable age. i feel for all the kids that have had their parents cut them out of their lives at such a critical time in their lives when they are entering the adult life. Seems to me they need us now more than ever.

• heathen
    heathen

What makes it even more absurd is that the parents can talk to kids that never got baptized or vice versa . Then they show up to church and trash their life styles as being satanic . Isn't that special ( said with church lady voice IE Dana Carvy )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit