Still not disfellowshipped?????

by TooOpinionated 19 Replies latest jw friends

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

I just can't believe it! After sending the elders a letter (see http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/91796/1.ashx) we get a letter from Elder S. that he understands that families are busy, can't be reached for short notice meetings, yada yada yada. So they are setting ANOTHER meeting for June 12. Seems they are especially concerned with my apostate sticker on the mailbox. We thought after telling them we were having a birthday party that that would end things.

What does it take to get disfellowshipped in this congregation, anyway??? I have a Silent Lambs sticker on my mailbox, wear a Silent Lambs tee shirt in public (gave a GREAT anti-witness to my child's pediatrician yesterday, by the way), have announced to everyone that will listen about Watchtower abuse, tell everyone we know that we are no longer witnesses....my husband even told an elder back in February that we are never coming back and mentioned Mexico/Malawi, etc.)

Tomorrow my new flag goes up on the side of our house. Perhaps that will help! LOL

We want to send another snappy retort that makes everything final. Anyone have any great ideas? Swan did so good with the last one!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

Some elders prefer investigating juicy sexual faux pas; especially sisters so they can ask detailed sexual questions. Other elders really dread JCs.

Blondie

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hmm. Well you could donate blood while smoking a cigarette and masturbating in front of a Kingdom Hall. Make sure you're wearing a Smurf's T-Shirt just in case they don't quite get it.

GBL

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

ROFL Why couldn't I have had elders like that?

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Listen to "bad" music full blast on your stereo,

Go into the kingdom hall and sing "Father, son and the Holy Spirit, all in one as a trinity!"

do they have a piano in the kingdom hall? if so then start playing happy birthday on the piano and christmas carols.

Maybe even walk into the Kingdom hall with a huge birthday cake! if the elders annoy you (make sure you do this in front of everybody)

Shove the birthday cake in the elders face! WHAMMO!!!!

Evanescence

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Are you going to even bother to go? Ought to take them a stuffed Lamb!! They must just really want to meet with you. They probably think they can save you!! Don't forget to take you apostate literature, bring a beer and cigarette, & dress very inapproriately. I think they would probably like some silent lamb stickers on their mailbox. (We used to glue christmas cards to the door). I think about half way thru the meeting, you should just quite wasting your time, and get up and leave. Have the meeting on your terms.

But do what you want, you don't owe them anything. Personally, if I had it to do again, I wouldn't have wasted MY time and energy!

shelley

• Chia
    Chia

I say, don't bother giving them a response. They want the satisfaction of seeing your face. Screw 'em. They're not worth it.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

No, we are not planning on going-we just wanted to mail them a response. They are feeling a "sense of urgency", apparently, about the apostate sticker. There is nothing they could do or say that will make me take it off.

I want to get this across to them with a note, but am not above giving them a few jabs in my letter to go along with it!

Any ideas?

• Swan
    Swan

LOL!

They just don't get it, do they? Actually, when I sent them my letter of DA it was terse and to the point. It still took them 5 or 6 weeks to finally let it go and let me go. They did everything they could to try to "save" me.

So write and tell them this:

We are sorry you couldn't stop by for our daughter's birthday party. We had such a great time there and enjoyed it so much that we are looking forward to doing it again next year. We just can't give up such a wonderful pagan practice.

So in light of this please do not consider us Jehovah's Witnesses any longer.

Hopefully they will let it go, but I suspect that they are under the gun lately to stop the "hemorrhaging" of their ranks, as someone else here reported recently. I wouldn't be surprised if the DO and CO have put some pressure on them and the JC is their best way of accounting for their failures.

Tammy

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

....Can never find a cop when ya' need one either.........................

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit