Still not disfellowshipped?????

by TooOpinionated 19 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissy
    chrissy

Your story is amusing. I had a similar experience with the elder's at my hall when I approached them with initial concerns I had regarding false prophesizing and all of the stuff I was reading on the internet. I remember a particular convo I had with two elders, asking them about Beth Sarim. These two were like, "yeah, it happened Rutherford had this mansion he and the rest of the princes were going to reside at after they were resurrected....soooo, and what??" And the PO was one of them and was like a father to me, so I spoke very freely... I was like, "come on dude... this is strange, right?" He just kind of rolled his eyes, smiled, and placed his hand on my back to guide me out of the second school where we were talking.

I figured he would be all, "Now stop looking at the internet, you know how we have cautioned against snares like this".. but instead he just sort of had this nonchalant attitude like, "there there, chrissy you are just out trying to prove to yourself that this religion is false again....haha, what are we gonna do with this one....(points at me & smiles)??"

Sounds like your congregation elders need you to put it in writing with a DA letter. That may be the only way to get through to them.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

god Chrissie, how patronising of them. What its like to be a woman in the troof - they cant even be bothered to take you seriously, they treat you indulgently like a slightly naughty but cute kid.

Id rather be kicked out like an adult, that have that 'hand on my back, dont be silly dear' crap.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The Apostate Governing Body is scared because people are fading, DAing and talking with people who have the truth about them and are publishing and declaring it from the rooftops.

It's only a matter of time for their demise.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

The demise of the WTBTS has been banterred around here a lot recently, with more coordinated anti-witnessing efforts at conventions, and KH's. And the thread on the Elder who acknowledge those leaving, including it in his prayer.

I never thought I'd see the end of the WTBTS. Ever. Nice to see them shaking in their boots.

Now, back on topic:

I like the note about missing the birthday party. I like the idea of sending them a Silent Lamb, or a Silent Lamb T-shirt. You might add documentation regarding the NGO scandle. In the note, you might mention how the congregation, the elders, and the WTBTS no longer have mindless control over you, and you are now able to live your lives "Happy, Joyous, and Free". Maybe end the letter with "God Bless You".

Good luck!

Brenda

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

PS - some Silent Lambs bumper stickers stuck to their bumpers during a meeting might be nice.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Recommenend the books written by Diana Wilson and Ray Franz to your local elders and all the rest. Buy one as a gift for the cong library.

• xjwms
    xjwms

My experience with elders in wisconsin are different than what you are experiencing.

I'm just surprised.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

LOL You guys have some great responses!

And xjwms, we have never heard of this happening, either. Especially with OUR elders. We are shocked, but if they want to play a little game, well then, we'll play!

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

You could also decorate your home with Christmas lights and put a plastic Santa on the roof.

Wait until July.

• Es
    Es

LOL at GBL that was great. Thats ok i sent a D\A letter and the elders ignored it as they thought i was just getting even with my dad es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit