Consolidated Guerilla Apostasy Tactics for 2005 District Conventions

by seattleniceguy 44 Replies latest jw friends

• chrissy
    chrissy

I've never considered attending another DC, but these ideas are making me all excited about the possibility of being like... a spy in the house of dub! (get it: Anais Nin...spy in the house of love...oh, forget it)

I look nothing like what parents teach their children apostates must look like, so I am a perfect spy candidate. If anyone catches on and starts raising eyebrows or asking me which cong. I am from, or looking for a name badge and such... I will just smile all sweet and innocently and shrug.

I like all the ideas posted (I can see myself writing cryptic messages in lipstick on the ladies' room bathroom mirrors during long symposiums) but I am also for what I am calling "Reverse seed planting", and project "Befriend single girls scoping for guys"... I'll drop age-relevant comments here and there, like, "We could totally get these guys to notice us if we did not have to wear these darned modest clothes." and... "Why can't we dress like Jessica Simpson...I love the truth, but you girls have to admit, these old-fashion style constraints are causing us to miss out." Maybe that will only work on the loose gals, but it might at least get them thinking, like, "yeah!... this org. does blow. You're so cool sister chrissy from out of town...tell us what else you know!!"

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Thanks for this post! Very useful. I don't remember anything like this last year or previously.

Besides the checks (my favorite idea ) how about these suggestions...

• Post it notes up in the toilet paper roll. Most convention sites use dispensers. Simply unroll a short length, attach your note, and roll it back up again. When the next person goes for a tissue, bingo! If you get pointed out as the previous user, just claim you did'nt wipe.
    • Target JWs at restaurants after the session. You all know the roll. Masses of JWs storm the local restaurants and end up clustered in the lobby or outside. They all have stupid badges on and are as plain as day. In the madness no one knows that you aren't also waiting for a table. Simply approach them and start asking questions. Pick a person amoungst a large group so that others will hear. They are a captive audience since they are queued for food. Feel free to make a scene.
    • Dress like a JW and argue with protesters outside. I encourage picketers to stage this themselves at lunch period or after the session. By engaging the picketer, the fake JW can give voice to their message. Trust me the other "real" JWs will take notice.

Conventions were never so fun!

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

ezekiel

• Dress like a JW and argue with protesters outside. I encourage picketers to stage this themselves at lunch period or after the session. By engaging the picketer, the fake JW can give voice to their message. Trust me the other "real" JWs will take notice.
  • That's a good idea. Two apostatoheads doing a 'good Dub bad Dub' routine they ahve rehearsed, in a major pedestrain area access the Convention would get lots of attention. The one playing 'Brother Smiter-of-Apostates' could loudly be responding to the ptotestors displays or patter.

"But how could the Organsiation be a NGO affliliated with the United Nations! That would be rank hypocracy! I mean, if you use the gym at the YMCA you can be disfellowshipped and you're telling me that the Organsiation officially affiliated itself with the United Nations and kept it a secret? I suppose I can check these documents (massive A2 posters of application) are authentic?"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I keep imagining myself as a Witness talking to someone like you, and the thing is, when they're in preaching mode, they're all smiley and everything, trying really hard to agree with you on everything they can. So it seems like a great way to get them to agree with you on something that they might think about later.

That is exactly the effect it has!

Sorry got carried away there

lmao! That's too funny... and very similar to a conversation I had with a guy at last year's convention!

Dress like a JW and argue with protesters outside. I encourage picketers to stage this themselves at lunch period or after the session. By engaging the picketer, the fake JW can give voice to their message. Trust me the other "real" JWs will take notice.

Interesting thought! I was watching a documentary about social psychology and one of their experiments was to see what it takes to get people walking down a busy sidewalk to notice someone in distress.

They had an actor act like he had a heart attack and keel over "dead" (or really sick). Amazingly, NO ONE stopped to help! The producer eventually had to have three other actors walk up and express concern for the "dead / sick" person before a certain psychological "critical mass" was reached and then nearly everyone suddenly stopped to help at the same time.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

New and improved protest checks here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/92176/1.ashx

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

This is a good thread SNG. Props to Ez3 also for the ideas.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Thats a GREAT idea about a staged argument with an apostate. People certainly would listen, I know I always tried to get a sneaky peak at what was going on with the placard boys.

What about going for the Speamint Rhino approach, and having two or three drop dead gorgeous models in cat suits and infeasibly high stillettos carrying handing out postcards with the website address on? The witnoid mums would be peed off but the bethel boys would be salivating openly.

Now all we have to do is find ourselves some models...

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Now all we have to do is find ourselves some models...

I would do it...

But there are laws against me and cat suits...

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    What about going for the Speamint Rhino approach, and having two or three drop dead gorgeous models in cat suits and infeasibly high stillettos carrying handing out postcards with the website address on?

Love your style Katie! Can we assume you are volunteering?

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    having two or three drop dead gorgeous models in cat suits

I like it so far...!

SNG

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit