Consolidated Guerilla Apostasy Tactics for 2005 District Conventions

by seattleniceguy 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

BTW you can print multiple post-its on your ink-jet.

Create a label matrix in Word for the size you want to print using Envelopes and Labels, Custom

Highlight the borders and print it out on plain paper

Stick the post-its to the printed page

Remove the borders from the Word document

Print the document on the post-its

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I've written some things on the inside of the stall with magic marker before... Such a naughty boy!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I like to go to a convention and act like an interested person (Saw the invitation to attend the convention on their website -- see below). The JWs can't resist talking to me (it's in their programming -- they can't help themselves), which gives me a great opportunity to Anti-Witness.

I don't out-right attack the WTS, I just talk about things that are good and up building, but totally contrary to what the WTS teaches. Things like respecting other people's religions and how it is wrong to discriminate against people who have a faith different than your own.

http://www.jw-media.org/newsroom/index.htm?content=/region/americas/usa/english/releases/events/usa_e050527.htm

• Honesty
    Honesty
    How about being really ballsy and talking to the apostate out front!

If you want to talk, I'll be holding the 'TRUST JESUS NOT THE WT' placard.

• gumby
    gumby

I'm just gonna go and poop in an empty seat.

Gumby

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

*thwacks gumb-dude, not so much for 'pooing' in the convention chair but mainly for fun*

*hands him a package of Pampers*

• gumby
    gumby
    *hands him a package of Pampers*

Hey.....now there's an idea! A buncha stinky old diapers about a month old placed under some seats might help clear the place out.

Gumfeces

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

LMAO Gumby!

Seriously you guys, huge kudos to anybody that takes an active part in furthering the aposta-cause. So many of the witnesses are right on the brink. The only way some of them are going to leave is if we help give em a little nudge, to an honest and spiritually realistic future. It's all up to us personally.

So all of us would do well to ask ourselves: are we doing our utmost in the preaching and teaching work?

GBL

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    A buncha stinky old diapers about a month old placed under some seats might help clear the place out.

Ewwwww.... You is too much, Stretchy-Man. I is offended....

On the other hand, with as much as the message they will hear stinks, do you think that they will even smell the stinky diapers that you fill for them?

J

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Elsewhere,

I don't out-right attack the WTS, I just talk about things that are good and up building, but totally contrary to what the WTS teaches. Things like respecting other people's religions and how it is wrong to discriminate against people who have a faith different than your own.

This really seems like a highly effective method. I keep imagining myself as a Witness talking to someone like you, and the thing is, when they're in preaching mode, they're all smiley and everything, trying really hard to agree with you on everything they can. So it seems like a great way to get them to agree with you on something that they might think about later.

Here's the conversation I keep seeing in my mind:

Interested Bob: I just really feel like all religious beliefs should be respected.

JW: Definitely. We definitely respect everyone's beliefs.

Bob: So many of the problems in the world are caused by religious people not respecting others' beliefs, you know?

JW: Yes, we totally agree there!

Bob: Like right now you have a lot of extremists of Christian and Muslim faiths who are willing to kill people that don't agree with them!

JW: Terrible! But did you know that God will shortly bring an end to such violence?

Bob: Well, that would be nice. But the thing is, the Muslims and the Christians and the Jews, and everyone else, for that matter, is equally convinced that their religion is true, you know what I mean? Otherwise, why would they bother believing it?

JW: I think you're right about that. How do you suppose we can find the true religion?

Bob: We should do our best to research all the alternatives. But I think in the end we should remain open to the possibility that others have completely valid ideas about spirituality.

JW: (Hesitating, trying to think of politically correct way to disagree) You have a very reasonable way about you, don't you?

Bob: I just think it's a shame when people become so hardened in their own beliefs that they forget that others can have faiths every bit as strong and, from their point of view, well-founded. What do Jehovah's Witnesses feel about this?

JW: Well, we respect all beliefs, but we feel that God has revealed his thoughts in the Bible, and that that is the ultimate source of truth.

Bob: What about people who interpret the Bible differently from you?

JW: I think if you study the Bible carefully, you'll see that there really is only one interpretation possible.

Bob: Is that right!

JW: Yes.

Bob: But haven't JWs changed their doctrines from time to time?

JW: That's true. As we studied the Bible, we came to a greater understanding.

Bob: But the first position you had obviously seemed reasonable, otherwise you wouldn't have had it.

JW: Sure.

Bob: So both positions were reasonable. It's just that you currently find the second position to be more reasonable. You might later find another position that is even more reasonable.

JW: Perhaps.

Bob: So to my mind, the long and short of the whole thing is that from time to time we see things in different lights. Who's to say that another group won't see something before us? That's why I think we should respect all beliefs. They're all trying to do the right thing, after all.

JW: Have you ever seen this publication before? (Pulls the Knowledge book out of his bag)....

Sorry, got carried away there. Anyway, great anti-Witnessing strategy! Let us know if you engage anyone this summer!

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit