Why did you leave?

by greendawn 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

God this question's been bugging me for days. Why aren't I still there?

This is my answer: I found the whole universal sovereignty test thing so deeply deeply unfair. I knew a lot of "worldly" people, who seemed decent and honest, really good people. I couldn't accept any longer that when they shut the door on the JWs who called on them, they were actually deliberately choosing to follow debil-da-satan. It didn't make any sense. I reasoned to myself that, if God (for I believed in him then) wanted to test his sovereignty, he probably could have found a better way of doing it than sending out a bunch of grinning idiots on Sunday mornings.

ig.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Didn't measure up! Couldn't Cut the Mustard! Would've been asked to leave eventually, anyway, or forced. Over reached by my sins, faith shipwrecked. I had a bad attitude. I swear the CO of our district was called in to give an uncomfortably biting talk because of my problematic attitude. I, however, was a disgruntled employee and continued on in a world of sin. Felt that there was nothing that I could bring to the table regarding my service to the Org, so I did the next best thing, one day, I just never returned.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I had the courage to finally ask myself if this was the true religion.

• Tez
    Tez

Felt I couldn't live up to expectations, couldn't put Jehovah before my children, not that i do not love Jehovah and the things i learnt, but couldn't work out why i had become a mother, with all the maternal emotions, only to end up being expected to shun my children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit