Why did you leave?

by greendawn 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

If someone asked to state briefly why you left the JW brotherhood what would you say?

• talley
    talley

Because I got fed up with being told no matter how much I did - it was never enough. The 'yolk became cruel and the burden heavier and heavier'...Somewhere along the line I got sick and tired of apologizing to a god for the fact of me haveing been born (?needing to be "saved"???)
    The only thing I needed saving from was the man-made idea of god.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I discovered they were full of Bull-Pukey. Why waste any more time?

J

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

F**ked up blood policy, 607 B.C.E bullsh*t, shunning, and realizing the Bible is wrong.

GBL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I came to realise that the bible teaches Jesus to be more than they had taught me (e.g. John 20:28), and a ream of other doctrines soon followed.

After I decided to leave I found this site, and that added a heap of other very good reasons, in support of my stance.

• luna2
    luna2

I initially faded for the same reasons as you, talley ...the incredible, neverending guilt-trip. There was also my intense confusion over "new light" regarding the 1914 generation and blood. I became depressed and in order to save my sanity, I just dropped out. Now I know why I was depressed and why I am done with them for good...it's not the "truth".

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

The lack of genuine love, feeling like I was judged all the time and realizing the fact that they (the organization headquarters) didn't care about the truth, just finding something that sounds a lot like the truth for people to swallow just so they can further their agenda, which is to keep the organization going and money coming in.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Because I wanted to worship Jesus as Lord and Savior instead of a Governing Body of thieves and sorcerers.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Because I found it to be a den of thieves

• PointBlank
    PointBlank

Because the Truth led me out of Darkness. To do otherwise would have been a denial of the Lord Jesus Himself. To go back would be apostasy of the authentic kind. I think I'll stick with the real deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit