I'm telling lies from the stage

by DannyBloem 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Hello,

I recently gave a public talk, and I really felt bad about it.
    It was the public talk about the great flood of Noah’s days. The is so much evidence that this great deluge never happened, but that is something you can't tell the audience from the stage. (I will tell about that evidence if people are interested, but it is a bit off-topic now)
    I felt so bad telling lies from the stage. And of course that is not the first time. Some parts about some arrangements from the society, or lot of other things and doctrines.

But what can I do? Refuse the talk, and all meeting parts, refuse the field service :) ?
    Or just tell them the truth from the stage for once and be disfellowshipped with a big bang? (And loose my friends and family)
    This is not a very easy decision, but I feel really bad the last couple of years, going in the field service without any believe that you actually helping people. I am happy if they don't listen (what is mostly the case of course)
    Anyway outside the 'truth' I do not know a lot of people and would need to give up a lot of friends. And also would make some family members (parents, spouse, etc) really unhappy. Those people are important for me.
    Any suggestions?

Jaap van het Plurkendal

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    But what can I do? Refuse the talk, and all meeting parts, refuse the field service :) ?

yes

and yes you are right it is not an easy dicision but you are responsible for what comes out of your mouth. And if you promote/parrot the JW thing.....is that how you really want to be?

It is a very hard decision, that's why some decide to fade, but once I learned the truth about the truth(tm) I never commented again, gave a talk or went in service. It is much easier than you think to fake it and JWs don't notice.

Now go practice on your excuses for not telling lies anymore.

btw, welcome to the board. You may find some courage to be yourself from reading the experiences here on this board.

• Ellie
    Ellie

If you realise that its not the truth then you should leave straight away, otherwise you are only going to look back at all the waisted years and wonder what else you could have accomplished.

Get out and get on with your life!

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Any suggestions?

You can continue to live a lie, and rot from within due to lack of integrity; and come to hate your "friends" and family, for their support in sustaining the decay. Or, you can remove yourself from the putrefaction and discover the true sweetness in you.

Attracted by your clean fragrance, new friends will gather.

j

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Danny,

I know exactly what you are saying man. I knew I had to leave but was hanging on for the same reasons you are. There came a distinct moment in time where I knew I could not carry on and maintain any human dignity. To carry on would have severly hurt my soul. My suggestions to you are to stick around here and lets work on it. Start working on a way to get free, get a plan of action together. If its to just leave right away, fine. If you need some time to get things straight, thats fine too. Or you could just fade (I realize that is very very difficult if you have responsablities as you will stick out like a sore thumb). In the meanwhile, help as many as you can to think for themselves.

There are many here who understand your conflict completely.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Thanks for some quick reactions.

It is not the case that I really dislike the society, I still think it is the best religious organisation and that there is no better religion.

So for some things that is not a problem.

I know that if I will leave or 'fade out' I will hurt a lot of poeple I love. Including my parents and spouse.

That is not very easy

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

No Danny its not easy. The best things rarely are the easiest. Would you agree?

What in your opinion would hurt people more, you not giving talks and fading, or you teaching them things you dont even believe yourself?

• sf
    sf
    I'm telling lies from the stage

Simple remedy. Get up there and tell the truth. What is the worst that can happen?

Oh, and make sure you have a hidden audio recorder then come back here to share!

sKally

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

You can only fake it for so long before it gets to you, believe me. It becomes torturous to just sit there and pretend to agree with things that you know in your heart are wrong. It begins to grow contempt for the very people you stayed for..

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I know that if I will leave or 'fade out' I will hurt a lot of poeple I love. Including my parents and spouse.

That is not very easy

Nope....being a freethinker has NEVER been easy. But do you honestly want to live in your box and deny what you know to be true? At what personal cost is this?

"fade out" causing hurt?!? What about respect for you and your beliefs? Do you see that you really do not get unconditional love from this "Loving" organization? In my experience you can NEVER save anyone from hurt...and the more you try to avoid hurting them, the more hurt you cause. Let's say you shut yourself down and blindly push on for another 5 years in the Dubs...you think it will hurt any less then?

Please keep in mind I'm not judging you, nor telling you what to do. I'm asking you to ask yourself some tough questions is all ok?

Welcome to the board....there are lots of topics here that you may want to read and see just how "honest and good" this religion is.... I faded away 15 years ago as I didn't believe it. The truths I have learned here in the past 2 months have been shocking.....simply shocking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit