I'm telling lies from the stage

by DannyBloem 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    that is what I mean. Both things would be telling lies for me.

if you re-read what I wrote, you are not lying you would be saying THOSE who beileve....not you.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving
    The thing about blood is a bit questionable at least, but most religions have some things like that and mostly worse. It did maybe cost some lives but that is their explanation and everybody making its own decision finally. Anyway a lot of lives are saved on the other hand in the no smoking policy.

This is some interesting reasoning. I know you are new to the board and everything and trying to get out of the wits, so that's good. But you are one hundred percent, absolutely, positively wrong in your view that the org is not so bad. The illusion of unity the GB demands destroys thousands of lives, man. It's plain evil to allow kids to get baptized into an organization without knowing anything of how the doctrines have changed and been formed through history, and the real history of how the Bible was itself compiled. Anyways, the more you research and learn from boards like these your view will undoubtably change. Welcome.

GBL

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

hear hear GBL, that is so true. I lived through 1975, I was young but at least I was aware of it. For all the people that have come in since they havent got a clue how much the doctrines have changed.

I remember praying for the brothers in Malawi every night when my dad put me to bed, and reading the most horifying torture stories in the Kingdom Ministry and the magazines and the year book - when you find out it was all about a poxy card that brothers in Mexico were allowed to get at the same time as brothers in Malawi were dying for not being allowed to get - AND THE SOCIETY KNEW DAMN WELL ABOUT BOTH SITUATIONS and glossed it over - that is pure evil man. I had nightmares for years just reading those accounts of torture, but those poor african brothers went to the grave for it.

The society has the blood of the fu*king holy ones on its hands in my opinion. Cos those dead african brothers were 1000 times holier than any shit scum that lived it up big and passed out rules from HQ.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Hi Danny, i was preparing the talk about being loyal and couldn't do it, because most of it i had to leave out. So i told them one week before the talk i wouldn't do it. At the same time i gave up the CBS and they had to organize it. That was a big problem as they now knew i had some doubts. So as other suggested: try a smooth fade but be honest to yourself! I have no family in "the truth" so it was more or less easy to quit - it may be very different in your case.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I am just rereading this thread that I started and found this;

I wish you were here in front of me so I could smack you upside the head. If there ever was a good case for it, you're it.

Geeeeeze!!

What the hell is this about, James Thomas? Is it not possible that somebody has an other opinion than you? If you do not know how to give an argument you just reply with violence? That is even worse the just quote a bible text as answer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit