anyone play guitar?

by tsunami_rid3r 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I've played on and off for many years, never been great, never had the patience to learn guitar the right way, but I can play a few things, I have a good ear for figuring leads out, not as good with chords though. If you have a lot of songs that you like on MP3, one thing you can do is download Winamp if you don't already have it, and two plug-ins: Pacemaker, which allows you to slow down the music without losing the pitch, and Loop Master (self-explanatory). They're great for learning songs, most recently I've been using them to figure out a Steve Morse Band song called On the Pipe which is a blast to play. Keep at it!

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

I got this GREAT home video of you playing with Dad. Dang! I think you were only like 17 MAYBE.

(in a singsong voice) "when I got into town it was late that night..."

since I cant show you the video now, watch this lil intructional/demo, if you will....it's my favorite site on the net, hands down.
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail36.html

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I can "Pick and Grin"...

Just like "Roy Clark!"

Well I don't play..I just pick..but hubby could play..even tho he never could read notes..

The only notes I remember was taught at music in school..The teacher always taught us to remember notes this way..

Every Good Boy Does Fine...egbdf...Never remembered where the chord was but remembered the sentence...

DOO-DAH..Snoozy...

Who was more interested in the "Bad Boy in the back of the class with the cool leather jacket!...

• greendawn
    greendawn

I once bought a good guitar from a friend who had purchased an even better one but before I could start learning, it got stolen by someone I trusted while I was on holidays, and I left it at that.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Haha Its my lifes aspiration for StrongBad to read one of my emails someday.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I play guitar. Have fro many years. I play every day.

If learning to read music is going to be a hindance then try TAB. Check out www.powertabs.net. theres a little app you dowload then it will read TABs posted there in both TAB and music score.

I've just learnt Bach's BWV 1007. Beautifull.

Is IP_Sec said, it can be boring to learn the scales and keys, but in the end it will be worth it.

steve

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

Don't tell me you already know and love Strong Bad. This is just too much for me to handle, I'm going to put my face in a pillow and squeal like a lil girl.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i went to barnes and nobles today for heavy guitar bible, they didnt have it. the above scale, what is F. my guitar is EADGBE

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

if you are switching chords too slow, just play slower until you get used to it. but there's another "trick" to get you playing faster: throw in a stroke without a chord, often sounds cool and often noone notices. and saves you enough time to find the next chord. and make those fingers bleed!

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

just make sure you practice a bit every day...your fingers will get used to it...it is well worth the soreness in the beginning.
    I play (not well enough for the public, but enough to have fun), and I find that if I switch between acustic and electric, my hands and fingers don't get as cramped as when I just play one all the time. don't know if any of you have this issue.

Also,...here is some fun: get guitar tracks by cakewalk software...plug the guitar rght in the computer and have some fun laying down tracks and adding drums beats..etc...it is fun if you have the time. I got music creator also by cakewalk a while ago...haven't had time to play around with it, but hopefully will this summer.

Playing guitar is a great way to unwind. I helped me from going out of my mind when I was in high school, and I still like to play to decompress when my little minions get out of control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit