LIVE 8

by tijkmo 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Lal,

He was pretty impressive for an old guy eh? (hopefully he'll be come to TO when he tours again)

W.

• talesin
    talesin

W

I like that he has the maple star sewn onto his old jeans,,, by wifey. All his patches are home-done! :D

lmao, love neil! hope you get to see him, you lucky dog!

t

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

I went to the Barrie concert. After this I fear all concerts will suck. In between sets we had acts on the big screens next to the stage from other venues and it was somewhat interactive in so far as the performers from other venues saying a warm hello to us and vice-versa. It was also cool that, a few times, the crowds would be cheering eachother over the bigscreen. It made you feel like it was one big concert. To know that you were part of this musical event made it even more thrilling.

We were about 45 feet from the stage where we set up our blanket but we were able to get right up to the stage (there was a mosh pit area for the first 5 or 6 acts). I'm in rough shape today though....must be because I got too much sun **uhmm cough**.

• talesin
    talesin

*stands in back of Happy Guy :), who saw the rock g*d in person ... *

t

TOTALLY JEALOUS klass

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

(((((tailsin))))

*of the totally feeling it the next day class*

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

aha so it doesnt just happen at conventions in scotland....hyde park bathed in sunshine...murrayfield pouring with rain...and i dont think bob and midge with be kissing and making up any time soon despite their public personas

Despite running the event, Geldof managed to offend at least one person. Fellow organiser MIDGE URE was said to be furious that Bob had refused to allow him to perform - but then appeared himself singing the Boomtown Rats song I Don't Like Mondays.

Ure was heard muttering furiously: 'Oh God, what a tart he is,' when he saw Geldof singing on the video screens in the VIP room. Those who were at the original Live Aid remembered how Geldof had moved his performance around in the first show meaning that he, and not Ure, would perform in front of Prince Charles and Princess Diana

bob had a 6/7 piece band tonight...midge had to make do with a mandolin player and eddie izzard..(yes that eddie izzard) on wet piano...trying to perform vienna...twas not a pretty sight

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

its their last note ever to be played together??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit