LIVE 8

by tijkmo 46 Replies latest social entertainment

• jimakazi
    jimakazi

Well so much for logging on and signing up via www.live8live.com

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Think they would make sure they had enough servers - must be an overload!

• logical
    logical

This event is a total waste of time... nothing substantial will be done. Only token gestures to shut the masses up, then they will invent something else to make us all forget about it and they will continue to exploit the poor.

• Satanus
    Satanus

To improve africa, attitudes of the inhabitants need to change. Giving them more money won't do it. I remember all the aid for zimbabwe concerts of yrs ago. The country was actually doing fairly well, until robert mugabe took away the farms from the white farmers, then destroyed the farms. There went the food supply and jobs, and economy. The world watched him do this and did nothing to stop him destroying the country. South africa and a few other countries may be going a similar way.

S

• talesin
    talesin

Sir Elton John!

(yes, I'm listening to it on radio)

S and/or others who may remember, I was thinking back to Live Aid, in '84, wasn't it? Same radio station, much hope ... what happened?

t

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

sting just stole the show....so far

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Definitely enjoying the show over here...and not missing the point that this is not about just throwing money at a problem that money alone cannot fix----it's about using the power of the people to change the politics involved.

~Merry

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i am all for the live8, and what it is trying to do. and yes, neil young rules!

perhaps i am alone in this sentiment, but what does it say about our society that we have to throw a huge party in order to get people to think about poverty in africa?

• ballistic
    ballistic

The Floyd is on, floyd is on!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

watching Pink Floyd too!!!!!!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

there is nothing that unites people more than music..........and freaking good music at that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit