a sad moment..

by fairchild 22 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yeah , let me know Fairchild. I haven't written in years really. I used to write alot about my Mother, mostly about missing her and the resurrection hope. Now I am soo much more opened minded and question many things.

Many, many nights I sit on the porch, or even as I try to go to sleep and I think in poems, funny huh? I compose these little poems about things and it is so relaxing, it is as if I can see things more clearly when I do this. I always say I am going to remember them , and write them down when I find paper and pen,,,,,too many times I get too busy. It is something I should do .

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

fairchild, :(

my condolences. i know that losing work is like losing a life sometimes. there is no price. they're invaluable. i am so sorry. ((((fairchild))))

josh

PS: i had an elder (friends dad) destroy one of my paintings when i was in highschool one time because he said it reminded him of a demon (used it for fire starter). i am not trying to be funny. it crushed me. i consoled myself, that since i had brought the piece into the world, it would always be a part of the universe, no matter what anyone did to it. i hope this helps somewhat.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

((((fairchild)))))

Oh, hon, I'm so sorry

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thank you all so much for the support. My forum is still down today..

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

did the administrators say if they made backups or not? all good admins make backups.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yes, no backup is unimaginable. He should be drawn and quartered. As well as should the attacker.

Very sorry fairchild.

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

CORRECTION - put the wrong address here earlier.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

when you visit this site, you are offered a free control of your computer - really great.

First time I used it, they find 3 Trojans and they told me how to get rid of it.

(in case of the trojans - I had tu use someone who knows more of computers then I do - so he got rid of these nasty things)

Every time when my computer is slowing down, I run the program....

Fairchild, I hope you can place your poems again.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey fairchild,

i tried to see if google had a cache version of your page, but they did not because all the poems are stored in a database and not as text on an actual page. i also looked to see if the "waybackmachine" from internet archives had archived your page. but it couldn't for the same reason google couldn't.

i looked around on ez boards, and found a message detailing how the disaster happened, and what they are doing to fix it. they do make backups of all the pages (databases), and they are hopeful to restore all the data. they also said that it may not be possible to restore it ALL, but they are going to try. here is a quote from the message:

We are working to restore board data from our back-up systems. This will take some time, and complete data restoration may not be possible, but it is what we are working towards. What we know now is that the attacker deleted current board and back-up data.

so you might be missing some of the latest poems, but perhaps hot all of them.

TS

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    When I was 15 my Elder dad found my stash of poems , and threw a fit. He said they were too dark,,,,they might bring demons into our home and he made me stand in front of our fireplace and burn them all. I wish so badly that I had them today. He made me feel so shamed for writing my feelings, and it took years for me to ever write again. To me it has always been so theraputic and I can't ever imagine doing that to my childrens writings.

Thats how a friend of mine got reprooved- she wrote erotic poems and the elders really ripped her apart for it...

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thank you all again, and thank you Josh for doing some searching. I got that message from ez board and displayed it for people to see when they log on to the forum. In the meantime, I have also set up a support forum for the 9,000 administrators who lost everything. They need a place to go to, because they are not being heard on the bugbase website (the site where you go to complain).

The support forum will give me something to do, and it will give people an opportunity to vent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit