a sad moment..

by fairchild 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((((Fairchild)))))))

I'm so sorry. Being a photographer, I understand what it's like to lose work. It's crushing really because you put a portion of your soul into that work. I've learned the hard way and now I back up everything after every shoot onto a CD and an extra hard drive.

Chin up. I'm sure they'll get back some of your stuff.

Andi

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thank you billy goat. I seem to have a habit of losing things. Lost all my possessions in floodings once. What i miss most are my pictures. I don't have a single picture of myself before the age of 30. Since I don't know where my family is, I can't ask them if they have any either.. lol, at least I don't have to drool over how young I used to be.

Update : Most of the sites, including mine, are still down. Ez board suggested to the administrators to create new forums to replace the ones that are wiped empty and don't work anymore. This is exactly what I did. I duplicated the forums I had before the disaster, and kept the old forums on the bottom of my main page. I think I need to keep the empty forums around in case the data comes back, but I'm not sure. Better safe than sorry.

So, my 'new' forum is back up and running now. Everything is still empty though..

http://p066.ezboard.com/bwelcomehome46213

To top it all off, I had to send someone a money order for $1,399 and it is starting to look like as if it got lost. It's been a week now.. sigh, quite some week.

• bebu
    bebu

Sorry that it's been so rough, Chris...

That's rough to hear about the photos lost in the flood, too. Maybe one day you'll be surprised by meeting an old friend who has a photo of you from long ago... More chances of meeting folks from our past on the internet these days, so who knows? I hope so, anyway...

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit