Are Jehovah's Witnesses Truly Honest?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JWs pride themselves in being the "most honest people on earth". Could you refute that claim???

• xjwms
    xjwms

My experience has been, when elders want informatin from a publisher, they will make up a less than honest story to try to get the truth.

If you catch them, they say we had to tell you this to get you here. I have also seen business deals, that are less than honest.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yes. i suppose that if one got into the subject of intellectual honesty with them, there would be numerous opportunities to expose lies in many areas. science, medical, theism, biblical historicity, doctrine, sect history, theology. afterall, if they hold to the belief system, they can also be called liars when lies are exposed.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

They call it "theocratic warfare" when they lie to non members to try and protect the organization. I found out my mother lied to me for 18 years about why my dad left.

• minimus
    minimus

They all employ theocratic strategy aka lying.

• minimus
    minimus

Mysterious, we think alike.

• luna2
    luna2

I worked for an elder who was adept at being deceptive in such a way as to be able to claim he told the technical truth even though he knew perfectly well he wasn't really being honest.

My parents had construction work done by another elder where he promised all kinds of things from when the job would be completed to certain work that he was going to perform and didn't live up to his word.

I've had one of the "friends" borrow money promising to pay me back promptly, and then never bothering to pay me back at all...so not only a liar but a thief.

There are JW's who will say that they are "brothers" or "sisters" to hospital staff in order to visit someone gravely ill knowing that only close family members are supposed to be allowed in.

Jehovah's Witnesses are no more honest than any other group of people in this world...they just talk like they are.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why should they be?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

There are still very good people that are members of this cult. They are misguided and some of them are really trying to live, moral and clean lives. However, as I have been realizing the past few years most are generally not more honest than anyone else.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

My sister is a staunch JW and the only JW in the family. Last summer she wanted to hire an attorney to force the sale of some property that a bunch of us--siblings and cousins own, about 9 people total; the kicker was, she didn't want to have bad blood between her and my brother, who lives on that property rent-free; so--she lives out of town and had me hire the attorney but she funded it, all the while pretending to my brother that she knew nothing about it. Well I didn't feel right about the whole thing even though I did want to sell the property and get the money, so I called my brother and started crying and eventually the truth came out that my sister was the one pulling the strings. The point is not that she wanted the property to get sold, but she wanted me to be the bad guy and start the whole process and pretty much lie to the whole family about who wanted to sell the property. My brother and other sister are very upset and feel that she was very deceitful and they are not speaking to her. How's that for honesty?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit