Having a hard time with family

by Dustin 18 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Dustin,

I am so sorry. I know how you feel. It's different when you speak to them. Nothing is the same and when it was normal were you happy? I don't think you were. Try to make the best of it. This is your life now this is what you choose as your "New Life". Make the best of it. We are your Friends we are your Family. When ever you need to talk you know I am here. There is so many corny crap I can say to make you smile and laugh like I usually do.

How about this......

So you were 12?

You want Peas and Mayo?

I hate people who don't want sausage on their Pizza!

Blue or Blew?

I hope I made you smile a bit with our inside jokes!

Brooke

• Frog
    Frog

Hey Dustin, thanks for sharing your meaningful lyrics with us. It's really good for you to be able to express your hurt in this way, no point in holding it in, it would just destroy you. You're allowed to feel the way you do, and you don't have to make apologies to anyone for it. It seems like madness sometimes doesn't it?...when you've got a healthy happy family who could be solid as a rock if they stuck together, but instead they're torn apart by something so consuming, ugly and evil. These moments will come and go for you, but time dulls the pain if you allow yourself to move on and be realistic with the situation. There will be times when you understand where your parents are coming from, and there will be times when you don't understand them at all. I'm sure they're not bad people, and we can only hope that our parents will some day come around. I often think of the many thousands of middle-age parents out there who have lost their children for such a hopeless cause. Our generation is far more awake to all this madness, but they're still clinging to something solid in a time when the values they were raised with have become completely liquified.

You have friends here, who truly understand xx frog

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

You have family here Dustin. You are so deeply loved.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hugs to Dustin! Get through the bad days, there will be a good day soon too.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Thanks everyone for your support. It's been tough losing my family, but it really helps when you realize you have friends who care and understand. Maybe someday they will come around, but I doubt it. It helps to talk to those who have experienced this in one way or another.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I understand your pain. My mom has had nothing to do with me for 6 months. She officially started the shun then, although I didn't get much from her a year before that as well... I know it won't change.. even though I miss her so much

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I totally know how you feel Dustin.

((((((hugs)))))

Josie

• Jez
    Jez

The older I get and the more experience I have with all of this, the more I realize that being a member of my family in itself is not enough. Family+Mutual Friendship+Mutual Respect+Mutual Love

Don't focus on the negative, focus on WHO do you have in your life that truly is your family? Even Non-JW familes become estranged for all sorts of bizarre reasons.

You are never alone Jez

• Netty
    Netty

((((Dustin)))) I know how you feel, and I am so sorry you are going through this. Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit