Having a hard time with family

by Dustin 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

My parents promised they wouldn't shun me after disassociation. It's been over a month since I've heard from them last. Not that it surprises me, it just hurts. I've always felt like I was left out and unimportant in the structure of my family. Life goes on, and there's no use crying over it, but sometimes it just helps telling people who understand. I'm going to share my song about it.

Don?t you hear me?

You never did

Alone you left me with this sin

A second thought in a winter wind

Look away and destroy me again

Blood is thicker than water

That?s what I was told

But I can see the lie

I have no family ties

Family ties aren?t unspoken

Family ties can be broken

Family ties in the end are chosen

I could have forgiven you

It didn?t have to end this way

Why are you always right?

[edit] your God and your rules

Now I am dead to you

Don?t shed your tears for me

I don?t want them anymore

I don?t feel them anymore

I don?t [edit] care anymore

I used to cry so hard

Now I just don?t care

All the memories forgotten

That?s right you weren?t there

Don?t include me in your prayers

Sorry about the swearing, I forgot to delete it.

• sf
    sf

God Dustin, that is heartbreaking to read. {{{{ WARM HUGS }}}} I KNOW how you feel. I promise you that.

Have a good cry and then take a hot bath and get some sleep.

Sincerely, sKally

• JW83
    JW83

Hi Dustin, ((hugs)) to you. I know how you feel - I was shunned by my family for some time, including my two younger brothers who aren't even Witnesses! I'm lucky - I persisted in annoying them & now we are all a *happy* family again ... Good luck with yours!

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

So sorry to hear that. That is one of my pet pieves about the JW religion..how they are capable of hurting so much when they promise so much love in the beginning!

Dustin..what you need to do is hug your wife more!..My son is not a JW and I hardly ever hear from him..But he is always there for me if I need him.

I realize he is starting a new family with children and working long hours..so time passes faster for him. But the love is always there.

I am sure your parents still love you but are terribly mixed up. I bet they shed tears too. Give them time..but I would call occasionally to keep the lines open. Just to say Hi and how are you..without getting into religion at all!

Keep it short so they won't have time to start in..and say I LOVE YOU at the end...Then hang up. At least you will be sending them a warm thought that you love them no matter what. They may turn around some day..you never know..

If not..at least you will feel better about you.. .don't let yourself be the victim..just concentrate on your life with you wife ..she is your family now..

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

GG is right. :) Be strong...throw yourself even more into your own family life. And at least try to take the initiative to show them that you love them. If they reject you then, at least you know you've tried your best. Maybe someday something will open their eyes, as yours have been opened.

• kls
    kls

Great song Dustin . Sorry Dustin for the hurt they are causing you becaue every minute they shun you they are missing out on a great and talented person.

• hubert
    hubert

So sorry to hear you are going through this, Dustin.

I just can't understand how very close relatives can do this. It blows my mind.

((((Dustin))))

Hubert

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It is a horrid thing that the witnesses have come up with regards to the rules & regulations of disfellowshipping. It is on their heads & they will have to answer for it one day.

If you have other family / your own family still count yourself blessed/lucky that you have them. I know some DF'ed / DA'ed don't even have that - they are by themselves. That's them I know and this is about you!!!. You haven't cut yourself off - They have. I hope they come around

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey Dustin, sorry you are going through this bro. When I DA'ed my parents said they would still talk to me, but lately I've noticed that things are just different with my dad and me. The cult just keeps on taking and taking. The only way to get around it I think is to act as normally around them as you ever were, when you do see em again. It effing sucks. Sorry to hear that man.

GBL

• bavman
    bavman

Dustin,

My two brothers shun me. I could use a bro. I am here for you.

Bav

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit