If two elders showed up at your front door

by unbeliever 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    and asked do you accept the faithful and distreet slave as jehovahs channel on earth (or something similar to that) what would you say/do?

I'd smile polightly and say, "sorry no I'm a Catholic, I feel sorry for you both i'll pray for you my dear friends have a nice day"

smile nicely again and excuse myself

Evanescence

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

In fact I was asked this very question from my "father-in-law". He obviously had been instructed by an elder-friend as he is not an elder himself to ask this cardinal question. I did not provide him with an answer, cause he was not entitled whatsoever to get one. Since we’ve chosen not to DA/DF due to family, we are able to maintain family relations. However, this man (who was inactive for years, leading a rather messy life) has the guts even to "shun" us by not coming to our house, being in a cafe nearby if my mother in law pop’s in for a visit (very rare though). He obviously is afraid of being contaminated by people who have enough nerve to think for themselves.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Invite them in for a cupf of tea

Say how nice of them to call, after all these years. Did their conscience make them call?, Is there a Kingom Ministry programme to this month to reach the inactive?

What about this question??, and the next? , and the next?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    do you accept the faithful and distreet slave as jehovah's channel on earth?

They didn't show up at the door because when they asked the loyaty question on the phone I told them, "Maybe they aren't. Maybe they are a bunch of hypocritical apostate bastards who joined the UN and then say it was for a library pass. I have word-for-word transcripts of their testimony that contends they are lying through their teeth to you guys." Of course, the reasonable elders did not want to examine any evidence that the WTBTS is not what it claims so ardently to be.

• luna2
    luna2
    and asked do you accept the faithful and distreet slave as jehovahs channel on earth (or something similar to that) what would you say/do?

I've been thinking about this. I'm sure I've dodged the question a couple of times in the past few years. My old bookstudy conductor usually calls once a year and wants to get together for a little "talk". I always hated shepherding visits and had no intention of wasting an evening discussing all my faults with these guys, so I always tell him that there's nothing I want to talk about yet, politely refuse the visit and say goodbye. This was before understanding that I was in an idiot cult that has twisted the scriptures, made numerous false prophesies, mistreats it's own members and lies on a regular basis. Now I'd probably go ahead and tell them that to their faces and add that I think the FDS might be somebody's channel, but it isn't God's.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    and asked do you accept the faithful and distreet slave as jehovahs channel on earth

They really call on people and ask that question?? Sounds like an attempt to consider you DAd rather than a "sheperding call". Is that what happens when you answer the question incorrectly?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

rebel,

There are usually 2 questions asked.

1) Do you consider yourself to be a JW?

2) Do you accept the faithful and discreet slave as jehovers mouth peice?

Sounds like an attempt to consider you DAd rather than a "sheperding call".

BINGO!!!!

In some cases if you keep your views to yourself the elders won't do anything.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I just don't answer the door when I look through the peephole and see that it is dubs. They haven't been here for well over a year or so now. Haven't even seen any door to door work in this very populated area for a long time.

Some Saturday morning I should take a ride past the KH to see how many cars are there for fs.

HappyDad

• blondie
    blondie

If home, we're not answering. I hate it when elders drop by to encourage the flock. Where's their manners? How do they know it is a convenient time for you? Obviously, their own convenience is the only thing that matters. Why can't they call and see when it would be convenient for you?

Blondie (HBH)

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I asked him what his real reason for being here was, and he said he was the only one to volunteer out of all the elders

Lol, at least he was honest about that one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit