Went To A Church Today

by rocketman 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

LT --- I think people have the right to worship anyway they see fit . The facts are tho that jesus and the apostles were very clear that people would use religion as a means of manipulation and control and cause people alot of misery over it . I choose not to ignore those parts of christian writings . Jesus said himself that many would come in his name but prove to be ravenous wolves and that not everybody saying to him lord lord will inherit the kingdom of the heavens . I think the discussion goes deeper than what many so far have posted .

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Heathen:And so am I correct in understanding your belief to be that EVERY congregation would be LED by wolves?
    Wherein is the use of discernment?

"When the Son of Man returns, will he find faith on the earth?"

• heathen
    heathen

Broad and spacious the road to destruction is but cramped and narrow the way to life and few are the ones finding it ...................

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So was he talking about religion?

And regardless of your answer, have you found it?

• heathen
    heathen

I think he was talking about religion . As I've said there are all sorts of scriptures that demonize people that deviate from the truth as presented by the apostles . I can say I'm still working on it . I'm still not a christian . Just have lots and lots of opinions to share ............ lol

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Given that Jesus went into the synagogues to preach, are you firm in your conviction that he was talking about institutions, and not people in general?

• heathen
    heathen

The bible does say plenty about both institutions and individuals . Jesus was very angry about the religious institutions in Israel and the corruption within it . The one thing jesus said would be an identifying mark of his people would be they would have love amongst themselves and they would have spirit and truth . The first century christians did have to take part in the public preaching work and conversions . I notice people on the board think it not necessary but it was back then . People that did not want to share in the ministry were considered spiritually weak . The dubs still do the public ministry but their message is so convoluted it's pitiful . I am continuing to look into other groups even if it's just to meet chicks . LOL I may attend a unitarian service tomorrow .

• gumby
    gumby

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Slow and steady does it!

• LittleToe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit