Went To A Church Today

by rocketman 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

I think alot of the confusion comes from the translation of holy spirit , alot of religionists translate holy ghost . God is of course a spirit and is holy as it says in revelation , holy holy holy is he , you can even speak against the spirit and it's argumentative to how that takes place but most feel you must first have received holy spirit , geeze now this thread is looking more like a trinity vrs . unity discussion LOL anywho I think we can agree on one thing and that is the WTBS is a cult .....................

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think all christian churches have more or less the Holy Spirit operating in them and the real question is how do they try to utilise it, in due course they will have to render account on this issue.

Doctrinal issues such as the trinity make no real difference they are just neurotic manifestations.

• heathen
    heathen

I think most religions utilize whatever force they can to control and manipulate . I think the doctrinal issue of the trinity is a very important one because the word is not in the bible and the only descriptions in the bible are that God is 1 not 3 . I put it up there with using the cross in worship which should not be used an is idolotry in IMO . It's very clear in revelation that God does not like people making these things and bowing down before them .

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    most religions utilize whatever force they can to control and manipulate
    It's very clear in revelation that God does not like people making these things

Having it both ways?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Heathen I agree with you most religions are abusive but ultimately that's their liability on a day of reckoning, the JWs and all.

As for the Trinity I don't believe in it but I can see why others do. They innocently believe Jesus has more status than he really does but as long as they see him as the sacrificial saviour I can see no problem.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I've enjoyed going to several different churches. But I like non-denominational type churches, because I feel that 'religions' tend to make rules, have hard-fast doctrines etc. The Christmas programs are wonderful. I attended a musical based on the country song about the kid who was buying shoes for his dying mother--it was so awesome and it made me cry, it was so well done (Baptist Church). I don't care if Christmas has its roots in Paganism. I feel that the churches cause people to reflect on the birth of Christ and what it meant for us.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I have been involved in JWs as PO etc. and have attended several churches. I have come to the conclusion that all religion was developed to try and ease the realization that death is comming and we don't have any idea what to expect after that. No one has any answers as to why we are here along with the rest of the universe. Religion is just an imaginational answer, as can be seen by the different views of all different cultures and faiths. Which one has the true answer????

Ken P.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

heathen,

The trinity appeared twice in the bible,

1.Baptism of Jesus.
    2.Transfiguration.

go to,

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=57769

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=58251

Maybe to all those interested in other churches otehr than the jw's go to www.catholic.com and talk on the forums there, not everyone on the forum are catholics, there are church of chriat, prodestant etc.

Evanescence

• heathen
    heathen

I was catholic to begin with and I don't see how jesus baptism and the transfiguration can be called evidence of a trinity . I think the catholic church is the whore of babylon and is steeped with spiritistic crap and idolotry . I'm not even interested in their point of view .

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I don't give a damn what place of worship an individual tries - it's cathartic.
    As for what churchgoers believe, isn't that their business?

More specifically, when it comes down to Christianity, I would call anyone who has a personal relationship with Christ a "Christian". The precise beliefs are as many, varied and individual as there are humans!

I'm more about banishing ghosts than erecting more mental barriers...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit