Prove to me that God exists

by CinemaBlend 257 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Actually had me thinking about this all day at church!!!!

First of all I would suggest that you define what you mean by God - its possible to argue proofs from several different viewpoints depending on what your aiming at.

Secondly you need to define what you would accept as proofs and what you wouldn't (ie what would you find as admissable evidence / proof.)

Thirdly I would like to know what your reason is in asking. From reading your earlier comment it suggests that you actually want 'proofs' purely to knock them down ie it doesn't matter what proof was presented you would attack it from any philosophical / scientific angle you chose to invalidate it. This struck me as the core of the problem in this form of question because its a bit of a trap (forgive me for the inference - I'm not saying your actually trying to!) especially for any one who believes. In many ways its a request for something that you really don't want. Again forgive me for presupposing but are you actually looking to do anything with the answers given - are you looking for a belief in God - or are you seeking to knock down the beliefs of others?

That said once I can understand the framework of the question I'll give you some proofs that I accept.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

JW83 - actually I totally agree with you on the basic point of 'life' not being created - maybe another thread..(I don't fancy sidetracking this one 'cos I really would need to explain clearly what I'm saying here)?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

No, you cannot prove that he doesn't exist.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

CinemaBlend,

I think, therefore I am Start believing lest I smite thee, vile doubter!

Seriously, though, if you are needing to stretch your legs I'd love to take the challenge. Is PM okay? I wouldn't want someone thinking my arguments were my genuine feelings or reasonings.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• gumby
    gumby

Do you mean "Prove to me something/someone created life? If someone/something put life on this planet......is it God because it made life?

What if God (an ultimate creator of the entire universe) did exist......but it was one of his creations that created life on earth and not god himself?

If aliens (other life forms) put us here....say as a test of somekind.......does that make the aliens God?

Gumby

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Gumby,

Since you don't buy the Bible's line you might have missed that your last post is exactly what it describes. Or maybe you knew that and you were hoping to catch a thumper off guard. If so, I apologize for spoiling it.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• gumby
    gumby
    If so, I apologize for spoiling it.

No need OldSoul....I'm used to you spoiling stuff.

Gumby

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

If God did exist, and he/she/it is truly an all-powerful being that exists outside of time and space, and has no superior, how could it prove that to us?

We can't conceive of existence outside of time and space, our minds simply aren't wired for that. There's no way that anything could prove to us that it does exist outside of time and space because that would be like trying to prove the existence of colors to person who has been blind from birth - it would be pointless because colors, as they are experienced by persons with sight, would be impossible for such a person to conceive. Sure, you could talk about wavelengths and frequencies and intensities, but would it ever really mean anything to them? So it goes with time and space - while in a strictly abstract way we could discuss the possibility of the existence of being(s) that exists outside of it, we really are confined, sensory-wise, by the notions of time and space and physical objects, and there is no possible way that we could experience or know without doubt that something exists outside of these parameters given our sensory capacities.

All-powerful? How could it prove that? Some cosmic display of power that would defy the laws of physics as we know them? That would be spectacular, but wouldn't prove omnipotence, as there always could be another being that was even more powerful.

Without beginning? Once again, this is strictly an abstract concept, impossible for our minds to conceive of rationally.

• Stephen John Gault
    Stephen John Gault

What utter nonsense - If you can't prove god exists, you have to allow for the possibility/probability. The burden of proof resides with the person aserting the affirmative. You cannot prove a negative. You say he is, the you prove he is. Ever heard of the 1,000 angels dancing on a pinhead? Must have been yours!

• skyman
    skyman

Who created God? That question is the same as how did life get here if there is no God. So the equal question who created GOD matters if you believe god created all things!!!! God had to have a begining nothing can not spontaniously create itself you still have nothing>>>

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit