Prove to me that God exists

by CinemaBlend 257 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry
    For once I've got to agree with Q.
    Some days you really are a condescending tw*t, arent you, Terry

Oreo cookies, green smoke and boolean logic;
    Is that the best you can come up with?

If you are attempting to open minds then your approach is facile.
    Blowing someone off, when they are genuinely trying to acheive some kind of common understanding, is about as much use as a condom machine in the Vatican.

Ummm, was that a "yes" or a "no" to the Oreo cookie? (Genuinely asked trying to achieve some kind of common understanding.)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    (Genuinely asked trying to achieve some kind of common understanding.)

Sure is was

Alas; I'd love to continue, tonight, but I must away to bed...

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    :It most certainly is not the default position, I suppose someone could try to say that naturalism is. But, look at the word "atheism", it presupposes theism. There is no "default position".

okay, deputydog: most atheists are not atheists because they hate god. to hate god, i would first have to believe in him, and then i would no longer be an atheist. many atheists are so because it *is* the default position. after all, none of us are born believing in god, are we? no, we have to be taught that. a little research here will go a long way.

:Everyone presupposes when they reason.

yes. again: this is because your assertion is implied; God exists. all your arguments go from there. an atheist has no implied assertion because there is none to be had!! we are waiting on non-laughible evidence to be forthcoming. why? the onus for evidence rests on you. why? because your assertion is implied. why not on atheists? because our assertion is not implied. why? because there isn't one!!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    :..sometimes I wonder whether their is room in an equal society for anyone religious!

it's funny Q. i never hear buddhists or hindu's talking this typical christian persecution jive. it's the abrahamic-based faiths that have this persecution complex. the fact of the matter is that we live in a religion-soaked society on both sides of the pond. the ten commandments in courthouses and creationism in schools - in blatant violation of the separation of church and state (and science). people going from door to door spreading fear and guilt and magical thinking to generation after generation of homo sapiens. fundamentalists blowing themselves up and killing other homo sapiens. so if atheists rail against god-talk and magical thinking, it is because it is truely ancient and has done uncountable damage to our species. there seems to be no room for non-theists in our society! who was the last atheist you can name who held an important government office? who was the last christian? who was the last jew? who was the last muslim? sheesh.

• Terry
    Terry
    the fact of the matter is that we live in a religion-soaked society on both sides of the pond. the ten commandments in courthouses and creationism in schools - in blatant violation of the separation of church and state (and science). people going from door to door spreading fear and guilt and magical thinking to generation after generation of homo sapiens. fundamentalists blowing themselves up and killing other homo sapiens. so if atheists rail against god-talk and magical thinking, it is because it is truely ancient and has done uncountable damage to our species. there seems to be no room for non-theists in our society! who was the last atheist you can name who held an important government office? who was the last christian? who was the last jew? who was the last muslim? sheesh

Yummy. Well-spoken young Skywalker.

T.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    ts: there seems to be no room for non-theists in our society! who was the last atheist you can name who held an important government office?

You obvisiously have a limited view of society in general.

And again here:

it's funny Q. i never hear buddhists or hindu's talking this typical christian persecution jive.
    Feeling persecuted are ya?
  • trevor
    trevor

CinemaBlend

I have put aside my inquiry into the existence of God for the time being. I am having a harder time deciding whether you exist!

All these bright people have spilt their guts because you said:

No, seriously I just want to have a debate. It's good practice for when you're in an actual argument and you need to think on your feet.

This is not proof enough for me that you exist. I need daily reassurance and these people need answers. Finish that cigarette and mainfest for us.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    ts: there seems to be no room for non-theists in our society! who was the last atheist you can name who held an important government office?

You obvisiously have a limited view of society in general.

elderwho,

go ahead and name one then.

Feeling persecuted are ya?
    if you say so.
  • doogie
    doogie
    who was the last atheist you can name who held an important government office?

that's an interesting point. i've never thought of that.

i'm not trying to portray the poor atheists as an opressed minority, i just think it's interesting. i wonder if it's for a lack of trying or if the platform just doesn't quite appeal to the religious masses. (can't understand why that would be. )

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    i'm not trying to portray the poor atheists as an opressed minority, i just think it's interesting.

hey doogie. ya, it is interesting. i don't consider us persecuted either. it's not constructive. i really dislike the whole "us and them" mentality. and that said, i have religious friends whom i respect very much. and afterall, there are a lot of atheists in important positions in acadamia and science. the downside is that scientists create new knowledge and technology, but it's the government that wields it to a large degree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit