Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-29-05 WT Study (Apostasy; Inactive)

by blondie 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

"halfhearted" Witnesses are now to be seen as a part of Satan's organization and identified with "professing Christians" and Jesus disapproves of them all? Where's the good news?

For the religious readers" Isn't there Biblical precedent for an opposer of Jehovah's organization to have separate meetings, organize his own followers, eat with sinners, go camping with the Devil, stray from their regulations, actually violate the law, and help enemies of the organization? Didn't he actually become a difficulty in the congregation? Wasn't he accepted and the organization rejected? Wasn't that organization actually replaced due to it's error and unwillingness to change?

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf
    as a protection from spiritual harm as we encounter haughty, fierce, ungodly

people in these last days.- 2 Timothy 3:1-5.

How true! And they're right at the KH!!

cathy l.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    119:113-120) We do not approve of "halfhearted ones," even as Jesus disapproves of lukewarm professing Christians today. (Psalm 119:113; Revelation 3:16) Because we wholeheartedly serve Jehovah, he is our place of concealment and will sustain us. He will toss away all those straying from his regulations by resorting to trickiness and falsehood. (Psalm 119:114, 117,118; Proverbs 3:32) He views such wicked ones as "scummy dross"--impurities removed from such valuable metals as silver and gold. (Psalm 119:119; Proverbs 17:3)
    May we always display love for Gods reminders, for we surely do not want to join the wicked on the slag heap of destruction!

OH MY GOD. I read this article with wide eyed horror. I thought this paragraph was a particularly loathing one. It still blows me away to know that my past JW friends are sitting there in agreement with articles such as this. Is this not the obvious hatred we preached that was being promoted by all other "false religions" ? It is very hard for me to maintain respect for those who are promoting this type of thinking in this world. It does hurt too to know that I have been thrown in this WT catagory now as one of those halfhearted, lukewarm, scummy dross wicked persons who God is soon to pile in his slag heap of destruction. Can you feel the love?

I also take insult to the part about those who have "wandered off." Makes this catagory who leave sound as if they are idiotic feeble minded ones......As if it was not a conscious choice to leave, but an unconsious "drifting away" due to their lack of character somehow

You are correct Blondie this was a major roller coaster vomit alert ride through the WT world. Makes me realize even more that I can no longer be a part of this world (The WT one.)

cybs

• codeblue
    codeblue

Blondie:

Fantastic summary

Makes me wonder if they will be "cracking down on faders".

Or just maybe the JW group as a whole is becoming less and less active at meetings and it is a part of a "scare tactic" to humiliate people back to the whole 9 yards of meetings, assemblies, conventions and f. service.

I hope that those who attend the WT study tomorrow will fill us in on comments regarding those comments.

CodeBlue

• codeblue
    codeblue

Cyber-sista: Those comments about drifters and people that strayed caused great offense with me as well.

How dare they "judge" people that have "strayed". I guess they still haven't read Romans 14:10-12. "why do you judge your brother?....each one of us will render an account to God."

No one really knows one "spiritual condition" except for God.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Thanks Blondie!!!

It never ceases to amaze me how they set up the FDS as mediators between R&F Jo Ho's and Jesus. Sickening.

As others have posted....most of us didn't drift we actively looked at the vomit and said...no thanks.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Must be diligent students

Most JWs barely have time to glance at the information assigned each week for them to read let alone do any in-depth research.

20 to 22 paragraphs in the Watchtower

15 paragraphs in the book study

3 to 4 chapters of the Bible

Another WT article for the instruction talk

Material for the #3 and #4 talks

Prepare and conduct the family study

Prepare for field service on Saturday (read articles in 2 magazines)

And if you are an elder, prepare and conduct the book study, perhaps also the WTS, besides preparing one public talk a month

Excellent point Blondie. When I was an active jw, finding time to actually study the Bible was almost impossible. After becoming an elder, I found it beyond comprehension how we were expected to do all that stuff. Add sheperding calls, judicial commitees, and preparing for and conducting the Theocratic School and the task left me drowning in self-doubt and nearly a nervous breakdown.

The WTS has rules to unite them.

Dress and grooming; no beards on men, no pants on women at the KH or in the ministry, all without biblical basis.

Of course, the rules go even further - not only "no beards", but no facial hair other than a mustache. Two local examples: One elder who had a little growth below the bottom lip was asked to shave it off. Another brother who grew a goatee was told he could not have privilages - including even reading at the Book Study.
  • EvilForce
    EvilForce

Rocketman..good points....

How does anyone ever get time to actually research anything biblically. But then again that's what the WTBS really wants. They want ignorant followers. The Dubs think they are spiritual, knowlegable giants because of all the time they spend.

Quantity does not equal quality.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Thanks, Blondie!!

Definitely a religion based on hate and death to all who dare contradict the Governing Body of Satan's Witnesses.

• Flash
    Flash

Thank you Blondie for your continued efforts in exposing the twisted and false reasonings of the WTS!

As always your insights and comments are excellant and are always a pleasure to read!

My own 2 cents:

The WTS has rules to unite them.

Dress and grooming; no beards on men, no pants on women at the KH or in the ministry, all without biblical basis.

As we all know, the literal words of God and His Son are what matter most. Since the bible also contains purely human reasoning ( Deut. 24: 1-4, 1Cor. 14: 33b-35, 1Tim. 2: 8-15, Prov. 31: 6 and 7). We have to be very careful and discerning about attaching more importance than deserved to all the words written in it ( Matt. 24: 15b, 1Thess. 5: 21, Matt. 19: 3-9, 1Cor. 7: 10, 12, 25, 2Cor. 11: 17a).

We do not approve of "halfhearted ones," even as Jesus disapproves of lukewarm professing Christians today . (Psalm 119:113;

= Shun all inactive ones, they are disapproved by Jesus and contemptable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit