Comments You Will Not Hear at the 5-29-05 WT Study (Apostasy; Inactive)

by blondie 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Flash
    Flash

I'm sorry if I'm being redundant when I do this Blondie, I just think these points deserve repeating.

But should a loyal Christian not speak out against lies and untruth? A real brother will tell you the truth even if it is difficult. Does our loyalty belong to God or an organization?

Actually they mean drifted away from the JW congregation; many people still love God and never left him but have realized that he could no longer be found at the KH of JWs.

Also, notice how they combine the thought of apostasy with drifting away.

"Wiser than our enemies"

The only way to combat the doctrines of the WTS is through the scriptures and their own flipflopping words.

"Behave with more understanding than older men"

Do you feel that way since being on JWD you are better equipped to deal with the carefully crafted statements of the WTS?

"Must personally let Jehovahs word be a lamp to our foot"

Personally let? No, only after it is been filtered through WT publications.

"Jezebel; possibly a group of women teaching others to practice idolatry and commit fornication"

How many JWs understand that child molesters have committed fornication and/or adultery? Is it women in the congregation that through their policies make the JW congregation an ideal place for molesters; requiring 2 eyewitnesses before the elders will act to protect the congregation?

"Really what matters is that Jehovah looks on us with favor"

Yes, it is only what God and Jesus think of us that matters; not the WTS, not the elders, not other JWs, not your JW family.

"We will not be stumbled spiritually by what someone else does or by any other matter."

Jesus kept Gods law perfectly. He wasnt stumbled spiritually when he say the actions and words of the religious leaders of his time; it did not stop him from pointing out how Gods word had been made invalid or publicly acknowledging that those who were doing that were offspring of vipers and from their father the Devil.

"Wandered away from the Christian congregation"

Really, only left the JW organization because no spiritual security was found there and they could no longer praise God in an organization that did not display the love of the Christ.

"Study the Scriptures diligently"

Never just accept something because the WTS says it. Open your Bible, read the context, check other places in the Bible, what has the WTS said in the past (use your CD). Pray to God but not those canned prayers you hear at the KH.

Love, Blondie (who did not drift or wander but left with intelligent thought)
  • SallySue
    SallySue

This has got to be the most hateful article I have read in a long time.

How can a parent with children who are not dubs or a husband with a non-dub wife or wife with a non-dub husband think of their loved one as scummy dross thrown on the slag heap of distruction.

Hateful venum... makes me want to vomit.

How can they even think to call themselves followers of Christ?

• acadian
    acadian

Hello all !

WTS never ceases to amaze me.

Wandered like a lost sheep Some who have wandered away from the Christian congregation may still love God and may want to praise him. Let us therefore do all we can to help them so that they may again find spiritual security and experience the joy of praising Jehovah with his people

Yeah, I stop going to the meetings, and not once did the "Brother's" ever come over to my home to see how I was doing.

But when they did show up, they had their uniforms of authority on (UOA). And did they come with oil of healing?

NO !!! They came with malace, they came with accusations of apostasy because my wife and I were doing research

on some of the other books mentioned in the bible. And the only thing we ever did was mention the research

to a sister who we thought was a friend, not any new teachings or anything like that, next thing you know three "Elder's"
    show up at our door and are calling us Apostates. ( this is the short version)

My wife told them that what they were saying was very slanderous, and we have'nt heard a word since.

It's been a few months now.

Kind Regards

Acadian

" Praise Jah you people!"

• JohnHag
    JohnHag

Blondie im glad there are people like you--I dont have the patience to do all that research you done--It amazes me how we can do research once we are free---I just cant understand how in this day and age that those still there cant see what we have seen---I would actually have to say that they dont want to see--I know it took me 32 years--But i had no computer until a couple years ago--Keep up the good work Blondie--I am new to the board so i have a lot to learn--But i will catch up sometime---Thanks Blondie--Hag

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Yeah, I stop going to the meetings, and not once did the "Brother's" ever come over to my home to see how I was doing.

same here acadian...Haven't seen hide nor hair of the elders here in more than a year. Occasionally a pioneer sister stops by (and treats me like any old householder giving me a bit of a sermon offering the latest mags) but they never ask me anything personal. I have learned to cut them short at the door and treat them like any other non-interested householder would.

No, I can't feel the love. In all the 20 years of friendships I had with those in the Org--even those who were closest to me there is only one sister who still speaks to me as if I am a worthwhile human being, but she is about to lose it mentally, as she is loving person trying to fit herself into this hateful religion. I know others in there who were nice people--I fear for their sanity these days--how can you integrate your personality with a religion which goes against your grain? I think many JWs suffer from multiple or at least dual personalities. How can you connect with this type of hatred and not be damaged by it?

cybs

• Pole
    Pole
    If we always obey Jehovah, we will be privileged to keep on praising him.

This sentence alone illustrates one of the main reasons why a few of my smart friends have left the WTS. How long can an intelligent person consider such c**p as God-given "spiritual food" if it's taken at face value?

If we always obey Jehoba, we will always praise Jehoba. (Whaat?) What's the cause-effect relationship again?

Here is the trick: This sentence means nothing unless you see through it. The only way you can understand it is by inserting the missing bits of meaning:

If we always obey the WTS, we will be privilleged to keep on praising Jehovah.

Notice that Jehovah is replaced with WTS only where necessary to make the "wandering", but still emotionally crippled dubs understand that the only way to Jehovah leads through the WTS.

Pole

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    If we always obey the WTS, we will be privilleged to keep on praising Jehovah.

Notice that Jehovah is replaced with WTS only where necessary to make the "wandering", but still emotionally crippled dubs understand that the only way to Jehovah leads through the WTS.

Wow, this kind of stuff makes me think about the purposeful manipulation (conditioning, brainwashing--whatever you want to call it) that goes into the writing of these mags. The WT org most definitely wants to maintain absolute control over its members, but for exactly what? It gives me chills sometimes to think about how far they could go with this.

cybs

• willyloman
    willyloman
    "If we maintain an uncompromising stand for righteousness, others may look down on us. Yet, what really matters is that Jehovah looks on us with favor because we live in accord with his righteous reminders."

That's an interesting statement. The truth is, those making the "uncompromising stand for righteousness" are the ones who have left or are leaving. The "others" who look down on them are the stay-behind JW's, many of whom KNOW it's crap but lack the guts to say so.

It is nice, however, to know that "Jehovah looks on us with favor" for seeing this manipulative bunch of spiritual swamp-dwellers for what it truly is and having the courage to flee to the moral high ground.

• blondie
    blondie

Have to be out of town, but so many excellent comments.

Blondie

• Will Power
    Will Power

Thank you blondie.

I think I will try to work "scummy dross" where ever I can in conversation today.
    WE are going to a B-day party today - there should be lots of scummy dross (all my family members) to look down on.
    and
    since I've already been called Jezabel to my face, I must be quite the authority on Satan's army. Trouble is what JWs believe on paper is hard to face while some still have to "sleep with the enemy.
    (the name calling since forgiven, but the treatment is still the same when honest WT questions come up)

Jgnat - yes this should be an interesting weekend

barf, puke, cults suck.

will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit